Want to practice what you have learned at university? Do you want to experience hands-on what your dream job is like? Are you a sports lover who aspires to work in an international environment with responsibilities for own projects? Then a traineeship at adidas will be an opportunity for you to join a truly international business with an environment that is often described as dynamic, innovative, and culturally diverse!
Traineeship at adidas
The purpose of this traineeship is to provide the trainee with experience of the practical application of theoretical knowledge the traineeship student has already acquired at university and to acquire new skills and knowledge. This traineeship description contains tasks and responsibilities that will be learned step by step and the trainee will be accompanied by adidas employees at all times. adidas will ensure that the trainee is given tasks and responsibilities according to the level of competence of the trainee and any educational objectives for the traineeship period.
With the fast-changing analytics landscape, this position will be responsible for ensuring that the Market Europe is at the forefront of analytics innovation. The analytics team is at the center of complex questions and business insights that need to be answered. As a Trainee Digital Analytics, you are part of the team that analyses consumer shopping behavior within the adidas online store, to enable eCommerce teams to make decisions based on consumer trends. Using the adidas consumer database, you contribute to the generation of insights that help adidas better understand the consumer and give guidance on how we can increase customer engagement, advocacy and ultimately drive sales. This position will require understanding of basic DBMS concepts and will involve driving, managing and enabling data driven business decisions with stakeholders.
You will be someone that is constantly curious, always asking the right questions whilst at the same time having a passion for data. But most importantly as a team we believe in collaboration and high-energy. No role in the team is more important than another. Last but not least, you are somebody who aims for consumer satisfaction & who is ready to experiment, test and measure day in day out. The main topics you will be involved in are consumer acquisition, the recently launched loyalty program Creators Club, customer segmentation and other consumer insights.
In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to dive deep into the consumer database to gather insights on buying habits to help fuel marketing and sales strategies and be able to present results to the rest of the organization.
- Create solutions and insights for ad hoc and recurring requests using SQL, Tableau, Microstrategy and Alteryx
- Align with key business stakeholders to ensure and enable completion of projects
- Be part of defining and developing the reporting infrastructure for consumer analytics
- Translate business requirements into analytical needs and vice versa
- Support the Consumer Engagement and eCom teams in setting up performance measurements using digital analytics and enabling them to derive trends and opportunities.
- Translate gathered insights into engaging, actionable and easy to understand insights, presentations and visualizations.
- Build trust with stakeholders in your scope of responsibility to facilitate actionability of insights.
- Help establish a fact-based culture in the organization by continuously improving data driven decision processes.
- Consumer Engagement Team
- Digital Activation team
- Global Analytics
- Europe Analytics
- Other eCommerce Europe Teams
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A passion for delivering insights and problem solving
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Very good communication skills, comfortable presenting complex topics to stakeholders at various organizational levels
- Good presentation skills and story-telling capabilities
- A love of sports and a passion for the brand
- Experience working with retail, customer or marketing data
- Interpretation of data insights to deliver recommendations
- Ability to think creatively and to drive structured & practical solutions within the wider group
- Basic Experience with SQL, SAS or Alteryx or eagerness to learn
- Proficient in MS Office, and an expert with Excel
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications
College or university degree ideally with a focus on information systems, IT or business analysis.
Traineeship start date
1 Mar 2020
Basic relocation package
Next recruitment step
WePow pre-recorded video interview
Please expect a response within 3 weeks as of application date