This position is responsible for the overall leadership, development and execution of inbound and outbound transportation, customs and customer compliance strategies supporting adidas NAM.
- Establishes short and long-range strategies and solutions that enable the on-time fulfillment of the adidas wholesale, retail and e-commerce businesses at optimal service and cost.
- Establishes key performance indicators in alignment with NAM Supply Chain objectives, ensuring the proper monitoring and corrective actions are taken to ensure targets are met.
- Drives a culture of continuous improvement and innovation to optimize service levels and improve costs.
- Acts as a key party to contract negotiations with external carriers and service providers and oversees the management of service supplier relationships. Ensures a business continuity plan is maintained and regularly reviewed to mitigate risks.
- Defines, develops, and ensures quality business review processes with carriers and service providers with a focus on continuous process improvement and cost control.
- Oversees the overall management of commercial relationship with carriers and service providers. Assists the global tendering process with Ocean and Air Freight carriers.
- Negotiates freight rates, detention and demurrage, container free-time, etc. to achieve and maintain financial stability for the organization.
- Responsible for driving reduced lead-time programs; targeting On-Time Deliveries, hitting Must Arrive Dates, and supporting last mile initiatives
- Ensures inbound deliveries are made to our DC to achieve financial targets for the organization. Effectively communicate to Finance expected delivery schedule and potential impacts to targets.
- Manages and develops subordinates to ensure effective execution of both inbound and outbound deliveries for all brands.
- Manages subordinates to ensure consistent achievement of designated KPIs and OTIF measurements.
- Leads an effective, controlled customs operation which supports the business goals and ensures compliance with all legal requirements for imports.
- Develops and deploy trade compliance programs and procedures on import regulatory compliance.
- Ensures legal compliance to trade laws and regulations by maintaining up-to-date knowledge of regulations and establishes policies and procedures in accordance with the laws.
- Oversees the integrity of the foreign trade zone to ensure financial targets are achieved.
- Develops and delivers training programs on government laws and regulations, as well as company’s policy and procedures, to adidas employees.
- Ensures that DC’s and factories understand responsibilities and comply with all CT-PAT regulations
- Reviews, responds to, and escalates as necessary all government inquiries related to trade compliance.
- Manages internal and external audits processes, procedures and ensures any corrective actions are executed.
- Ensures that company trade compliance systems as well as product classification and country of origin databases are accurately maintained.
- Lead the overall Compliance team by ensuring business plans are developed and adhered to in order to achieve mutual agreement on partnership objectives.
- Act as the lead strategic partner for the NAM SLT – 1 for account vendor relations and respective senior management teams.
- Develop and execute overall strategy to reduce & negotiate overall chargeback costs with retailers. Work with internal partners to develop policies and track chargeback risk
- Collaborate and drive partnerships with internal functions to evaluate pr Evaluate operational costs for Compliance/VAS adherence and work with Sales and Finance to determine profitability of requests. Facilitate and dive request to charge customer for VAS services even if they have received these free of charge in the past.
- Ensures the team communicates and address customer requirements (evaluate routing guides, packaging, and transportation and EDI manuals) to all applicable internal business partners
- Develop and drive execution, communication, and follow through of internal scorecard and metrics for compliance chargebacks, provide feedback to internal Departments and facilitate process improvements to reduce chargebacks.
- Internal: Order Fulfillment, DC Operations, Global Competency Center, IT, Finance
- External: Customs Broker, US Customs, Attorneys, Logistics partners
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
adidas Senior Directors inspire a winning culture and drive operational excellence within their function. They promote employee engagement and empower others to deliver results. Senior Directors may be called upon to lead large and complex initiatives to support the organization to achieve its ambitions. They influence and challenge upward as well as collaborate cross-functionally to ensure the overall success of adidas. They look outside the organization to identify trends and be called upon to be subject matter experts in their field. Senior Directors ensure adidas is informed and agile and maintain the global awareness needed to execute the business strategy. To be successful you will need:
- Excellent knowledge of corporate legal, supply chain, and commercial matters
- Deep knowledge or transportation methods, capabilities, carriers, and service providers
- Operational knowledge of applicable customs and export laws and procedures
- Demonstrated proficiency of NAFTA, HTS, and ECCN classification rules
- Experience functioning within a strong matrix environment of a global enterprise highly preferred
- Demonstrated leadership excellence, a mentoring focus and great aptitude for leading diverse people and teams, with awareness, sensitivity and consistent professionalism.
- Strong English language proficiency both written and oral
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience driving performance improvements and change within a complex global organization.
- Ability to excel in a dynamic, changing and fast-paced environment
- Experience in one or more Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, SAP preferred.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications
- Four-year college or university degree with focus on Business Administration, Supply Chain or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 8+ years of progressive work experience in project management, preferably in a related industry
- Strong experience with managing complex Distribution Center projects preferred
- Minimum of 5 years' experience directly managing people.