Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Develops information systems by designing, developing, and installing software solutions.
- Actively maintains knowledge in one or more identifiable specialisms.
- Provides detailed and specific advice regarding the application of their specialism(s) to the organisation's planning and operations.
- Recognises and identifies the boundaries of their own specialist knowledge.
- Collaborates with other specialists, where appropriate, to ensure advice given is appropriate to the needs of the organisation.
Emerging technology monitoring
- Supports monitoring of the external environment and assessment of emerging technologies to evaluate the potential impacts, threats and opportunities to the organisation.
- Contributes to the creation of reports, technology roadmapping and the sharing of knowledge and insights.
Requirement and Definition Management
- Defines and manages scoping, requirements definition and prioritisation activities for small-scale changes and assists with more complex change initiatives.
- Follows agreed standards, applying appropriate techniques to elicit and document detailed requirements.
- Provides constructive challenge to stakeholders as required.
- Prioritises requirements and documents traceability to source.
- Reviews requirements for errors and omissions.
- Provides input to the requirements base-line.
- Investigates, manages and applies authorised requests for changes to base-lined requirements, in line with change management policy.
- Designs software components and modules using appropriate modelling techniques following agreed software design standards, patterns and methodology.
- Creates and communicates multiple design views to identify and balance the concerns of all stakeholders of the software design and to allow for both functional and non-functional requirements.
- Identifies and evaluates alternative design options and trade-offs.
- Recommends designs which take into account target environment, performance security requirements and existing systems.
- Reviews, verifies and improves own designs against specifications. Leads reviews of others’ designs.
- Models, simulates or prototypes the behaviour of proposed software to enable approval by stakeholders, and effective construction of the software.
- Verifies software design by constructing and applying appropriate methods.
- Designs, codes, verifies, tests, documents, amends and refactors complex programs/scripts and integration software services.
- Contributes to selection of the software development approach for projects, selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Applies agreed standards and tools, to achieve well-engineered outcomes.
- Participates in reviews of own work and leads reviews of colleagues' work.
- Develops and maintains specialist knowledge of database and data warehouse concepts, design principles, architectures, software and facilities.
- Assesses proposed changes to object/data structures, in order to evaluate alternative options.
- Implements physical database designs to support transactional data requirements for performance and availability.
- Implements data warehouse designs that support demands for business intelligence and data analytics.
- Reviews requirements and specifications and defines test conditions.
- Designs test cases and test scripts under own direction, mapping back to pre-determined criteria, recording and reporting outcomes. Analyses and reports test activities and results.
- Identifies and reports issues and risks associated with own work.
System Integration and Build
- Defines the software modules needed for an integration build and produces a build definition for each generation of the software.
- Accepts completed software modules, ensuring that they meet defined criteria.
- Produces software builds from software source code for loading onto target hardware.
- Configures the hardware and software environment as required by the system being integrated.
- Produces integration test specifications, conducts tests and records and reports on outcomes.
- Diagnoses faults and records and reports on the results of tests.
- Produces system integration reports.
Release and deployment
- Uses the tools and techniques for specific areas of release and deployment activities.
- Administers the recording of activities, logging of results and documents technical activity undertaken.
- May carry out early life support activities such as providing support advice to initial users.
- Identifies and resolves issues with applications, following agreed procedures.
- Uses application management software and tools to collect agreed performance statistics.
- Carries out agreed applications maintenance tasks.
If required: People Management / Resource Management:
- May be involved and gives some input on hiring Transition decisions
- Ensures appropriate leadership skills are present at every level through creating a motivational and supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development
- Allocates the different work to the respective employees considering experience, complexity, workload and organizational efficiency
- Continuously monitors and evaluates team workload and organizational efficiency with the support of IT systems, data and analysis and team feedback and makes appropriate changes to meet business needs.
- Provides team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and GIT objectives
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Four-year college or university degree with focus on Business Administration or IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient spoken and written command of English
- At least 5-year experience in IT
- 2 years of experience in relevant area
- 1 year of experience in team management
- Understanding of different culture
- Participated in projects with people from other functions/markets