Software Developer – Backend
At adidas, our love for sport drives who we are and what we do. But just as a ball is more than leather and thread, and a show more than padding and plastic, we are bigger than our products. We don't just work to create faster shoes and lighter fabrics. We strive to help athletes everywhere perform their best. We believe that it's hard work inventing the future of sport, and that's why we love it; that when you push your limits, you make it possible for others to push theirs.
We believe that through Sport, we have the power to change lives.
To change lives, we have to create direct relationships with consumers and the best way to accelerate building direct relationships is through Digital.
One way to realize this goal lies within the Corporate Marketing & Operations team, covering the entire product creation lifecycle at adidas: from design and production to delivery. By digitizing the whole value chain, we help thousands of employees to collaborate, make better decisions and finally create more amazing products. In a fast paced, startup like environment, we let technology automate so our creatives do more of what they love - go create.
Our CMO IT teams supports the processes related with the entire product creation lifecycle at adidas, our projects cover various business needs, for instance: planning processes, cost calculation of production that enable adidas to optimize and improve the value generated with our products; collecting feedback of our finished products;..
As part of the engineering team your mission is to deliver high quality software at speed. You will be developing and operating our software products, showcasing your creativity and using the latest technologies to bring ideas to life.
We are looking for a Junior Software Developer to join our team of engineers in Zaragoza. As a member of our team you will use your experience as a software developer to improve and extend our backend solution based on microservices that support millions of users constantly.
Requirement and Definition Management
- Assists in the definition and management of requirements.
- Uses standard techniques to elicit, specify, and document requirements for simple subject areas with clearly-defined boundaries.
- Assists in the creation of a requirements baseline and in investigating and applying authorised requests for changes to base-lined requirements, in line with change management policy.
- Undertakes complete design of moderately complex software applications or components applying agreed standards, patterns and tools.
- Assists as part of a team in the design of components of larger software systems.
- Specifies user and/or system interfaces.
- Creates multiple design views to address the concerns of the different stakeholders of the design and to handle separately functional and non-functional requirements.
- Assists in the evaluation of options and trade-offs. Collaborates in reviews of work with others as appropriate.
- Designs, codes, verifies, tests, documents, amends and refactors moderately complex programs/scripts.
- Applies agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result. Collaborates in reviews of work with others as appropriate.
- Develops appropriate physical database or data warehouse design elements, within set policies, to meet business change or development project data requirements.
- Interprets installation standards to meet project needs and produces database or data warehouse component specifications.
- Defines test conditions for given requirements.
- Designs test cases and creates test scripts and supporting data, working to the specifications provided. Interprets, executes and records test cases in accordance with project test plans.
- Analyses and reports test activities and results. Identifies and reports issues and risks.
System Integration and Build
- Produces software builds from software source code.
- Conducts tests as defined in an integration test specification, records the details of any failures.
- Analyses and reports on integration test activities and results.
- Identifies and reports issues and risks.
Release and deployment
- Uses the tools and techniques for specific areas of release and deployment activities.
- Administers the recording of activities, logging of results and documents technical activity undertaken.
- May carry out early life support activities such as providing support advice to initial users.
- Assists in the investigation and resolution of issues relating to applications.
- Assists with specified maintenance procedures.
- Global IT
- Respective business function (GOPS, Finance, HR, Brand Marketing, Wholesale/Retail)
- HR Management
Languages: Java 8
Frameworks: SpringBoot / SpringCloud
Container knowledge: Kubernetes, Docker
Database: Relational and non-relational databases
Agile methodologies: Scrum/Kanban
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good ability to problem solving; acquiring a proper understanding of a situation by breaking it down systematically into its component parts and identifying the relationships between these parts.
- Thinking out-of-the-box.
- Maintaining focus on agreed objectives and deliverables whatever the circumstances.
- Understanding the needs, objectives and constraints of those in other disciplines and functions.
- Working co-operatively (rather than competitively) with others to achieve a common goal.
- 4-year college or university degree with focus on Business Administration or IT or related areas and experience.
- Good spoken and written command of English.
- Hands-on with latest Backend technologies.
- 1 - 2 years of related work experience
To be the best sports company in the world, you need the best talents within your teams. If you are looking for growing professionally within adidas, we are happy to receive your application.