Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
IT service management is the craft of implementing, managing, and delivering IT services to meet the needs of the organization. It ensures that the appropriate mix of people, processes, and technology are in place to provide value.
- Investigates operational requirements, problems, and opportunities, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes.
- Assists in the analysis of stakeholder objectives, and the underlying issues arising from investigations into business requirements and problems, and identifies options for consideration.
- Works with stakeholders, to identify potential benefits and available options for consideration, and in defining acceptance tests.
- Contributes to selection of the business analysis methods, tools and techniques for projects; selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Contributes to the availability management process and its operation and performs defined availability management tasks.
- Analyses service and component availability, reliability, maintainability and serviceability.
- Ensures that services and components meet and continue to meet all of their agreed performance targets and service levels.
- Implements arrangements for disaster recovery and documents recovery procedures.
- Conducts testing of recovery procedures.
Service level management
- Performs defined tasks to monitor service delivery against service level agreements and maintains records of relevant information.
- Analyses service records against agreed service levels regularly to identify actions required to maintain or improve levels of service, and initiates or reports these actions.
- Engages with project management to confirm that products developed meet the service acceptance criteria and are to the required standard.
- Feeds into change management processes.
- Assesses, analyses, develops, documents and implements changes based on requests for change.
Release and deployment
- Assesses and analyses release components.
- Provides input to scheduling. Carries out the builds and tests in coordination with testers and component specialists maintaining and administering the tools and methods – manual or automatic - and ensuring, where possible, information exchange with configuration management.
- Ensures release processes and procedures are maintained.
- Monitors service component capacity and initiates actions to resolve any shortfalls according to agreed procedures.
- Applies techniques to control the demand upon a particular resource or service.
- Contributes to capacity modelling and planning.
- Supports the design of service component capacity.
- Initiates and monitors actions to investigate and resolve problems in systems, processes and services.
- Determines problem fixes/remedies.
- Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
- Prioritises and diagnoses incidents according to agreed procedures
- Investigates causes of incidents and seeks resolution.
- Escalates unresolved incidents.
- Facilitates recovery, following resolution of incidents.
- Documents and closes resolved incidents according to agreed procedures.
- Implements stakeholder engagement/communications plan.
- Deals with problems and issues, managing resolutions, corrective actions, lessons learned and the collection and dissemination of relevant information.
- Collects and uses feedback from customers and stakeholders to help measure effectiveness of stakeholder management.
- Helps develop and enhance customer and stakeholder relationships
If required: People Management / Resource Management:
- Is involved in recruiting process and proposes support for hiring decision and pre-selection of candidates
- Allocates the different work to the respective employees considering experience, complexity, workload and organizational efficiency
- Continuously monitors and evaluates team workload and organizational efficiency with the support of IT systems, data and analysis and team feedback and makes appropriate changes to meet business needs.
- Provides team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and GIT objectives
- Global IT
- Respective business function (GOPS, Finance, HR, Brand Marketing, Wholesale/Retail)
- HR Management
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Four-year college or university degree with focus on Business Administration or IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient spoken and written command of English
- At least 7-year experience in IT
- 5 years of experience in relevant area
- 2 years of experience in team management
- Strong understanding & knowledge of regional and global market landscape and the respective customer
- Managed critical elements and cross functional and regional projects