Purpose / Mission:
Manage Own Retail FO store merchandising planning, buying in determining store OTB, store clusters, category mix, article selection, article depth, and timely providing sales analysis, trading/fashion trend recommendation to support the business. Play a critical role to drive brand direction, FO business growth.
Pre-Season Merchandising Planning:
• To develop buy plan (OTB) per store cluster (what to buy, how much, etc.), according to buying strategy, top down financial target, and 5P analysis;
• Conduct historical analysis in terms of buying structure and provide proposals for pre-season buying structures at cluster level;
• Based on existing analysis model to provide detailed analysis on the article level to identify key drivers for top selling articles, as well as slow moving articles;
• Develop store cluster proposal and distribution plan;
• Monitor buying quantity vs. budget; reconcile buy plan to merchandise plan;
• Partner with logistics and customer service team to track order placement and shipment control;
In-Season Merchandising Execution:
• Lead in the process to provide ongoing product and category performance and quantitative analysis e.g.:- sell out, stock level, etc.
• Provide in season performance tracking reports;
• Provide analysis to develop mark down strategy and support markdown and clearance process;
• Maintain & Monitor compliance of pre-season buy and AP policy, as well as planning calendar;
• Provide analysis and documentation for post-season review;
• Provide seasonal deep dive analysis for customers;
• Partner with Retail Operations, VM, Retail Marketing, and Logistics teams to develop action steps for next season;
Systems and Processes
• Manage with RBI and I.T. on all retail database accuracy and on-time KPIs report delivery.
• Manage with RBI on efficient back office system application and the front-line POS application;
• Participate in systems training;
• Participate in Products seasonal presentation and technology training as well as merchandising training.
• Lead team in daily performance;
• Coach team members & new comers to improve merchandising knowledge;
• Other job-related work assigned from Senior Manager FO Merchandising;
• Communicate with team members and counterparts;
• Manage relationships and diversity;
• Planning and organizing;
• Analysis and problem solving;
• Learning and self-development;
• Manage Business (Processes and Projects) if applicable;
• Manage and Develop People if applicable;
Key Interface: Own Retail Factory Outlet Operation Team, Own Retail Factory Outlet Allocation Team, Category Merchandising Team, Global Factory Outlet Merchandising Team, Logistics / Supply-Chain Teams, Visual Merchandising Teams.
Store Comp. Growth
ATV, UPT, etc
Reporting accuracy and timely
Professional background/ Experience
Minimum 5 years’ experience in merchandising planning function;
Rigorous business analysis - understanding and interpreting data; putting data/analysis/tools in a structured, easy-to-use format; and making recommendations that team can act upon;
Prefer very good Excel modeling skills and ability to develop useful models/tools that can be rolled out to merchandising and retail teams;
Prefer good presentation and PPT skills; Effective partnering, communication, and influencing skills (written and orally) –someone who can proactively communicate analysis/methodologies with functional partners and influence them to rethink and change their existing practices; Good understanding of retail business; Strong PC skills;