At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Lead a team of functional footwear prototyping experts in the creation process for innovative product concepts. Provide an effective transition of product design ideas into innovative prototypes.
70% Professional Content
- Translate design vision and consumer needs into products which support the YEEZY product strategy.
- Engineer workable prototypes which address desired function, cosmetics, market appeal and manufacturability and meet adidas quality standards.
- Communicate all necessary information and coordinate all necessary tasks that support sample development process
- Take ownership for the entire project management process for assigned products, with an emphasis on quality product development and timely completion of all tasks in accordance with the applicable timelines.
- Support the inception of new and innovative product designs, components, processes, materials and concepts toward a manufacturable and marketable finished product
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with key partners as listed below
- Manage the direct development process for your area of responsibility, by actively engaging with your team members as well as counterparts to understand and help resolving business critical issues in an effective, collaborative and result oriented manner.
30% Managerial Content
- Establish a team-based culture where effective teamwork and identification with team are key.
- Evaluate the competencies and job performance of subordinates on a regular basis with regard to performance and potential
- Allocate project work to team members, taking into consideration experience, product complexity and workload
- Actively mentor and support your team members to further their growth in all aspects of the professional content of the project management role.
- Set objectives and evaluate performance of your direct reports
- Grow into a managerial role by supervising the respective team and taking on additional management responsibility and tasks as agreed upon with the Senior Development manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Technical training in footwear engineering and product development
- Knowledge of production environment and sewing flow
- Basic software skills in 2D CAD and 3D programs
- Strong communication (both written and verbal) and facilitation (small and large groups) skills
- Ability to anticipate problems and develop solutions through to resolution
- Ability to cope with change, make decisions and act comfortably with risk and uncertainty
- Good consulting and training skills
- Ability to manage and motivate a team.
- Basic understanding of costing and sourcing principles.
- Ability to create, plan and effectively deliver presentations in formal and informal settings
- At least 5 years of related work experience in the footwear prototyping, shoemaking, stitching, modeling
- Proven record of accomplishment in the field of product development.
- Experience in managing a team
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.