Corporate Security identifies, presents and mitigates Security risk ensuring that the business can operate in all business environments by managing the risks to people, product, premises, processes and profit, reducing this risk to a level deemed acceptable by the adidas Executive Board. This directly impacts the overall strategic objectives of adidas, by ensuring risk does not negatively impact achievement of adidas’ objectives.
Protective services assess risk for specific people and departments, provides processes to prevent unacceptable risk and defines measures to protect and support employees that are exposed to risk as a direct result of their association with adidas. This is incudes;
- Board protection
- Persons at risk
- Asset protection (sponsored people/ athletes etc.)
adidas has a duty of care to employees and people directly engaged and representing the brand. Protective services develop and delivers the processes, as well as supports operational deployments to allow adidas to meet its legal, moral and ethical obligations.
- Develop the protective services processes in line with Corporate Security policy
- Identify ‘at risk’ groups
- Develop and deliver protective service processes within adidas at Global and Market level
- Management manual/ guide defining protective service process
- Liaise and collaborate with adidas travel security and travel management to develop Board protection travel process
- Liaise and collaborate with adidas Event Risk to develop protection and incident response process for employees and assets
- Create and maintain a Security roster to provide vetted security providers globally
- Supervise and review protective services executed by third parties / quality control
- Communicating at senior leadership level
- Drive department communications to the wider adidas family
Knowledge Skills and Capabilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. (English)
- Intermediate MS Office (Excel 2010, Word, Access 2010) skills
- Proven threat analysis capability with focus on protective services/ security operations
- Good analysis and problem-solving skills
- Pre-existing security network
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise work load and plan
- Ability to dynamically adapt to a changing situation
- Incident management or training
- Data analysis
- Industry recognised professional qualifications in Security management
- Degree level education preferred
- Relevant industry experience in security mangement
- Professional Qualifications (CPP, CFI, AMBCI, CBCI, Prince2) or relevant equivalent experience
- Work experience in security, incident/crisis management, business continuity, at management level.
- 5 years+ work experience in protective services
- Experience of operating within a large multinational, multi-cultural environment.