Purpose & Overall Relevance in the Organization
The goal of the Media Activation team is to deliver one integrated consumer journey to create a premium and seamless experience so that we not only meet their expectations, but also exceed them while meeting our targets when a consumer leaves our touch point.
The Media Activation Senior Manager fully drives Japan objectives, namely to accelerate the business growth through: Create Holistic Media strategy for brand adidas; Develop/execute media plan with internal/external Partners; Responsible for performance and budget related to Paid Media channel activities.
- Develop holistic media strategy for brand adidas which maximizes reach and behavior changes to the target consumers to impact on business.
- Accountable for phasing and deployment of the Paid Search, Social and Display budget.
- Closely collaborate with other Brand Activation functional members to operate media planning / buying process efficiently.
- Ensure accurate and regular testing, reporting, optimization, and analysis on Paid traffic performance to identify key levers and opportunities for the improvement
- Responsible for the top & bottom line growth of our Paid traffic program to achieve sales, ROI, and total contribution goals
- Plan and optimize advertising campaigns for both ecom paid traffic generation and focus concept campaign.
- Produce regular reports providing insightful analysis of customer acquisition campaigns and evaluation of campaign strategy
- Lead media agency to deliver media plans which match with marketing objectives as well as quantitative KPIs.
- Responsible for accurate and timely processing of media investment invoices and billing from media agency, technology vendors, and 3rd party partners.
- Establish a high-performance culture and drive employee engagement, leading by example
- Identify and develop high-potential talents to fuel the succession plan in the team
- Look for opportunities to provide cross-functional experiences to identified high-potential talents from both inside and outside of the team
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the full marketing communication (advertising, events, sponsorship, retail, PR, digital) and media planning and buying on a large scale
- Entrepreneurial mindset – Results & Profit oriented
- Able to create clear, concise and actionable materials for internal clients including strong data visualization and to influence their adoption of Analytics into their day-to-day business
- Diversified mindset to proceed projects with people who have different ideas.
- Strong track record at building relationships and partnering with internal clients on complex business problems to develop actionable recommendations on strategic and operational level
- Excellent project management skill including the ability to work on several projects on a local and global level simultaneously
- Outstanding problem-solving skills to identify, analyze, and propose solutions to various technical and business issues
- Specify new processes, products and/or standards based on organizational strategy
- Implement business strategies with some impact on business unit and function results
- Steer development of recommendations with deep analyses and initiatives to complex tasks and projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively to inside and outside the level/function/organization/clients/vendors, to accept new or modified standards or concepts with divergent interests, and to write and prepare executive-level business correspondences
- Proven leadership and managerial skills; Set clear objectives for team members; Accountable for performance and salary reviews; Provide expertise in supervised area
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Marketing, or Similar Discipline
- Minimum 6-8 years of working experience in a leading role in Marketing communication OR an online consumer-facing high-transaction environment
- Business side experience preferred
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience with broad and deep knowledge in eCommerce focusing on conversion rate optimization
- Experience of defining a longer-term roadmap for optimization across eCommerce business
- Experience of managing direct response campaigns to ROI, ROAS, CPA, and CPI
- Ideally have experience of working internationally and in settings requiring cross-cultural sensitivity
- Excellent English skills and Fluent Japanese preferred
- eCom digital KPI (Traffic/CVR/new acquisition)
- NPS (brand)
- Compliance to MWB guidelines
- Country Sr. Manager Paid Media
- DTC eCommerce
- Country BA team (Brand Comms, Digital Activation, Media Activation, Newsroom)
- Global DBC Team, Global Media Team
- APAC Media Team
- External Agencies
- Local Media Partners