Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Consult multiple business stakeholders and manage mid- to large-scale cross-functional projects with the respective profound process and technical knowledge within the boundaries of time, cost & quality while focusing and managing expectations and requirements of the stakeholders.
Business Solution Management
- Demand Management
- Capture, prioritize and structure the business demands and requirements for your respective IT department and your assigned work stream. This includes facilitating workshops with business and IT on complex processes to reach a clear outcome and action steps.
- In order to deliver and complete RFC releases and project streams, allocated by the superior, understand, challenge and manage demand dependencies and business requirements within the business community and across GIT to maximize added value and continuous business process improvement.
- Delivery Management
- When delivering the release/project, ensure you execute within the boundaries of time, cost & quality and manage the customers’ expectations and requirements. This also includes ensuring that existing governance models are followed. Furthermore, support the stabilization and sustainable handover of projects to the respective support teams.
- Build up a scalable/sustainable delivery team through identifying resources needed and assigning individual responsibilities in order to execute successfully.
- Contribute to change management activities for the respective projects/releases through supporting stakeholders that changes are smoothly and successfully implemented to achieve lasting benefits. This also includes proper documentation, training, controls and metrics.
- Service Management
- Prepare formal SLA (Service Level Agreement) standards in alignment with the business, considering GIT KPIs, targets and budget. Ensure these standards are met by managing external vendors through monthly service level reviews and contract management.
- Oversee and resolve any escalations in application operations to ensure that GIT targets and KPIs are achieved.
- Drive quality improvement actions.
Functional and Technical Expertise
- Full end-to-end understanding of respective business processes and best practices in order to translate internal and external trends into deliverables for the business. Drive these initiatives by securing a sponsor, resources and budget to realize added value and contribution to innovation within business and GIT.
- Continuously enhance the current system landscape towards customer satisfaction by performing projects or change requests through the IT process life-cycle (Analysis, Design, Implementation, Testing, Go-Live and Support)
- Identify the appropriate stakeholders for your area of work, considering the impact of your work and the broader cross-functional dependencies. Manage these relationships to meet stakeholders’ business needs and align expectations. Always strive to improve business partner satisfaction.
- Represent your respective function at internal or external events when applicable.
Financials and Controlling
- Ensure the portfolio of I-codes you’re overseeing are transparent and effectively managed. Raise any issues or concerns to your superior. If required, manage respective budget through tracking and reporting the monthly budget accruals and variances and ensure timely and accurate invoicing.
- Contribute to the end-to-end financial process by providing regular forecasts and reports as required by your superior. Drive cost efficiency.
If required: People Management
- Ensure appropriate leadership skills are present at every level through creating a motivational and supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development
- Allocate the different work to the respective employees considering experience, complexity, workload and organizational efficiency
- Continuously monitor and evaluate team workload and organizational efficiency with the support of IT systems, data and analysis and team feedback and make appropriate changes in order to meet business needs
- Provide team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and GIT objectives
Individual key responsibilities: (that are not captured within generic part, should not be more than 2-4 bullets): (to be filled out by Line Manager)
Budget responsibility (I-codes)
- Global IT
- Country IT
- Respective business function (GOPS, Finance, HR, Legal, Corp Communication, Sales)
- HR Management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to provide a clear framework for performance to direct reports or project team
- Ability to coach, guide and manage a (project)team
- Pro-active (engaging & impact-oriented) mind-set, ability to think end-to-end
- Ability to be self-directed while working under tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with different international cultures
- Business- and solution-oriented, global mind-set
- Good numerical and analytical skills, experience in finance
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Strong knowledge of respective business processes and IT systems
- Good experience in working on several projects simultaneously
- Strong communication (both written and verbal) and facilitation skills (small and large groups) especially when interacting with different levels of business
- Ability to travel, domestic or international, as required
- Fluent English (verbal and written)
- Strong MS-Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Four-year college or university degree with focus on Business Administration or IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 6-8 years of progressive work experience in mid- to large-scale (IT) projects or mid- to large-scale application service responsibility
- If required: 1–2 years of experience in managing a team