Leads the HR business relationship for multiple departments within the adidas Brand, in the areas of team performance, employee engagement, talent development, employee relations, performance management, recruitment, immigration/mobility and rewards. Partners with the HR Director to develop and implements HR strategies that enhance and support the business. Strategically partners closely with assigned leaders and employees to ensure Global and regional HR programs are implemented and supported thoughtfully and in accordance with adidas policy.
- Establish HR as a trusted business partner and ensure HR initiatives, programs, and policies are fully understood and implemented thoughtfully within the line of business.
- Partners closely with senior management in structuring and developing their respective teams to maximize performance and employee engagement. Coach Managers on talent management and how to best motivate and challenge all members of their teams (from high performers to under performers) to ensure employee performance, engagement and accountability. Advise and guide in areas of organizational design and development.
- Coach and consult with assigned managers on talent and succession management, and how to best motivate and challenge members of their teams, (from high performers to under performers) to ensure employee performance, engagement and accountability.
- Address employee relations issues as both a management coach and employee advocate. Apply effective mediation and problem-resolution with a solid understanding of company policy and practice. Manages high-level or sensitive employee relations matters, such as terminations and investigations.
- Support talent identification and provide support for recruitment for assigned line of business including aligning offer letters, start dates, non-competes, collaboration with mobility, ensuring compensation aligns with structure and internal equity. Ensure all interviewing/hiring practices are in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local regulations pertaining to equal opportunity, immigration, and company policy.
- Leads complex multi-disciplinary projects that partner closely with our HR partners including Global and Market HR, Talent Acquisition, Rewards (Compensation, Benefits, eHR), Talent Management (Learning, Leadership, Succession Planning/Perf Management) to achieve the project’s objectives.
- Lead & drive HR processes for assigned groups including: ‘#my best’ performance standards (appraisals), Salary rounds, Succession Planning, Talent Review (TLU).
- Work closely with managers, HR Services and Finance to ensure consistency among various systems and Finance. Drive consistency in tracking of FTE/position review and personnel expense tracking for assigned client groups.
- Partner closely with assigned line of business to write and evaluate job descriptions with Rewards. Confirm all positions have been appropriately evaluated using GSMS, are consistent with similar positions in other regions and across line of businesses.
- Maintains a strong connection with assigned lines of business to keep a finger on the pulse, develop relationships with leaders and employees and makes strategic recommendations/implements changes or actions to drive high performing teams and increased levels of engagement.
- Challenges current processes, proposing complete changes of existing processes where necessary and creates/implements solutions.
- Acts as a mentor for less experienced HR Managers.
- Global adidas Brand HR Team
- Other cross functional Portland HR team members
- Employees and line managers within assigned client group
- HR Talent and Talent Acquisition
- HR Services
- HR Rewards, Payroll, Accounts payable, travel etc.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Proven ability to influence senior management in relation to people and team matters including the ability to establish a strong rapport and professional credibility with individuals in order to influence at all levels of the organization, including senior management.
- Ability to evaluate organizations, identify themes and work with leaders in order to identify HR solutions which enable them to increase effectiveness.
- Strong business judgment with the ability to connect human resources with business goals.
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues.
- Must possess strong analytical skills to assess data, facts, and figures used to develop strategies designed to improve the business and see hidden problems.
- Proven ability to work independently and prioritize work.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – includes understanding of cultural differences, nuances and working effectively across borders with the ability to connect with all levels of the organization
- Comfortable operating under high workload, navigating through gray areas and juggling competing priorities
- Ability to learn and understand database concepts (SAP), how adidas tracks and maintains data
- Advanced MS Office Skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and oral
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and effectively use decision making skills.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Four year college or university degree, preferably with emphasis in Human Resource Management, Business or related area. Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for degree.
- Five plus years progressive human resources experience.
- Previous HR experience working in a large, corporate structure, matrixed company environment.
- Strong employee relations and organizational development experience.
- Excellent team orientation experience in a global organization preferable.
- Must be available for early morning calls and meetings with colleagues in Germany
- Occasional travel domestically and internationally as required.