Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Drive & ensure category business & brand success through the development & execution of an otpimal Go-To-Market (GTM) plan, within the strategic (commercial & marketing) framwork set by Euroope, Cluster General Manager and Director GTM & MOPS (Marketing Operations).
Create, lead and execute the category cluster GTM plan:
- Delivering across KPIs, based on Business Unit (BU) Europe brief and local GTM Objectives.
- Lead the category Master group for respective categories - Originals.
- Own category cluster Integrated Business Planning (IBP) marketing view.
- Brief, feedback BU Europe on cluster needs (products, local range, SMUs, forecast, price, segmentation, mark-up …) for the respective categories.
- Tailor & execute Europe category plan (distribution, enablers, tools, etc.).
- Precise with local sales team, category champions the channel assortments for respective category: range plans, volume plan, in season trading.
- Ensure category definition of local allocation split by Europe by channel, account and doors in collaboration with team & sales.
- Manage execution & implementation of segmentation topics within cluster based on Global & European framework (e.g. destination doors, retailor segmentation list).
- Deliver GTM process requirements - Order samples in alignment with MOPS.
- Drive the definition & execution of local GTM plan from “the handover” to SMM including previews & pre-lines. Ensure a smooth interaction process with key customers.
- maintain & provide regular category analytics (sell-through, orderbook, market share, etc.) to contribute to strategic planning and measure efficiency & commercial success.
- Closely cooperate with sales, brand & omnichannel management to define & execute a fully aligned cross category, cluster GTM plan.
- Collaborate regularly with Europe to identify business opportunities in the cluster and to maximize consumer satisfaction, net sales and profitability (within Europe and Cluster strategic parameters).
Be the local category and product expert
- Be the expert on products and category specifics, including retail landscape and competition.
- Work and support closely with the local sales teams on range specific topics and concepts, be able to answer/find out all product related questions.
- Manage local articles (mainly local SpoMa assets) + SMUs for Cluster Key Accounts.
- Deliver constant input on ranging, pricing, GTM, etc. for WE Category Marketing Plan.
- Work closely with Cluster Brand Activation team on activation Plan.
- Manage presentations to Sales in respective Cluster.
- Manage comprehensive support for Brand activation teams in Cluster on GTM approach.
- Act as point of contact for local events Manage and include Direct-To-Consumer in GTM planning.
Manage direct reports and team members
- Ensuring a high-performance work culture and culture of feedback.
- Mentor and develop team members.
- Net Sales
- Net Margin / GiM Margin
- Sell out
- Business Unit Europe
- Sales teams
- Europe Brands: Business Units, MOPS, Merchandising
- Europe Functions: Finance/ Demand Planning, Business Development
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Pro-active (engaging & impact oriented) mindset, ability to think end-to-end
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with different international cultures
- Business mindset: Very good numerical and analytical skills, experience in finance
- High influencing skills and ability to make fact-based decisions
- Good communication (both written and verbal) and facilitation skills (small and large groups) especially when interacting with different levels of business
- Manager with advanced cross functional marketing knowledge and market experience in sport and/or fashion/lifestyle categories.
- Consumer-focused with deep product and range understanding with an excellent understanding of balancing brand and commercial aspects to build channel specific GTM solutions.
- Strong organizational skills
- Passionate about sports, preferably BU specific with knowledge of the sport.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- University degree in business, ideally with marketing and sales focus or equivalent experience
- 6-8 years of Category Management / Ranging/ Merchandising Experience, cross-functional marketing and/or sales experience
- 3+ years leadership experience
- Fluent in English (writing and verbal)