- To lead, develop, facilitate, and sustain the Globally initiated Integrated Business Planning process in the US market, with a key focus on development of a sustainable Business Plan linked to the Financial Plan, supported by a Demand Plan signal, that translates to a Buy Forecast. Initiate and coach cross-functional teams to support the success of the Integrated Business Planning process. Create and define the measurement of and progress towards KPI’s across sales, margin, and inventory of the adidas US businesses.
- Manage the development and vision and lead the implementation of the corporate-wide Integrated Business Planning process in the adidas US Market.
- Ensure global, regional, and local objectives are understood and incorporated in the structure of the developed process.
- Own the monthly Integrated Business Planning process; govern Sales, Marketing and Production to one committed Business Plan tied to the Financial Plan; responsible for the accuracy of the data used in the Integrated Business Plan.
- Provide leadership and consultation for direct reports through the sharing of best practice techniques and mentoring
- Initiate and lead the ongoing improvement process of the adidas-Group Integrated Business Planning and Demand Planning procedures through continuous education, training and acceptance of the processes, culminating in full adoption within the US Market.
- Be the adidas NAM IBP key contact for Global partners; help drive efficiencies, best practices and implementation in all channels and brands for IBP.
- Lead and manage Integrated Business Planning reviews with senior management, Sales, Marketing, Finance and Demand Planning. Coach and support stakeholders and participants in Business Plan review meetings to ensure behaviors are supportive toward a successful Integrated Business Planning Process.
- Project manage improvements to tools and practices that will directly benefit the planning process as well as the overall Financial Reporting team.
- Identify and document seasonal and yearly KPI’s that the Integrated Business Planning Process will influence.
- Track, monitor, and report on documented KPI’s and ensure the developed tools and processes identify root cause and initiate corrective actions.
- Improve the overall forecasting process for adidas US, to create efficiencies and alignment.
- Actively participate in the leadership of the Financial Reporting team, including defining the strategic direction of the department.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Ability to influence strategic decisions through effective oral and written communication to senior management, managers, stakeholders, cross functional business leaders, peers, and direct reports.
- Proven track record of successfully managing demand planning in a mid to large sales organization.
- Ability to navigate complex and/or politically charged environments to influence and enable key business partners.
- Proven methodological skills including data analysis, trend forecasting, etc.
- Strong knowledge of financial business planning and experience with business math and wholesale/retail financial analysis.
- Strength in “detail oriented” strategic thinking; synthesizing substantial amounts of complex data from multiple sources, and develop innovative solutions within an entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities to accomplish objectives simultaneously under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated application of advanced high level skills in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage and motivate effectively in a team environment, promoting open participation, cross training, and coaching personal development for all staff.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- University degree in Business or Finance, or equivalent.
- Five to seven years of business planning or demand planning experience within a mid to large sales organization.
- 7 to10 years of broad based related finance or business operations experience required.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills required.
- Familiarity with SAP, TM1, Tableau, and adidas Group financial systems is a desirable asset.
- Sporting Goods industry experience preferred.