Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organisation:
- Develop, implement and manage sourcing strategies in the respective country in order to meet the company objectives relating to quality, volume, style and cost of sourced products.
- Build partnerships with our vendors to ensure industry leading performance. Support implementation of key initiatives with vendors to achieve highest standards of performance and process efficiency from them.
- Oversee budget, personnel and office operations for the country
- Implement sourcing strategies within assigned country in order to meet the company objectives relating to quality, volume, style and cost of sourced products.
- Build and maintain business relationships between adidas Sourcing, its key factories and suppliers are maintained at the highest level of trust and integrity.
- Implement GASA within the assigned country to ensure the company secures, maintains and supports the highest quality vendors available
- Manage risks, political, economic, and strategic, likely to impact business operations in the source countries.
- Ensure implementation company policy for all operations (Quality, Delivery, Costing, Development, Planning/Ordering/Shipping, Materials),
- Ensure lead time reductions with suppliers in line with the sourcing objectives for speed to market.
- Ensure sufficient support to the efforts of the Manufacturing innovations team for improvement on factory efficiency and align cost per minute with targets.
- Ensure all responsible suppliers meet the company targets of compliance from a people, product and process perspective through achievement of C and E targets.
- Ensure all operations comply with relevant local laws (general and labour) respecting basic human rights, health and safety of all employees and the environment.
- Work closely within the Apparel Sourcing teams to apply and reinforce international best practices, standards and disciplines in the country whenever possible.
- Develop strong relationships with the relevant Creation Centers to ensure that the sourcing strategy is fully aligned with the needs of the Brands
- Sets direction and lead the team in the country to deliver the best standard of performance and strive for continuous improvement for the group.
- Form and maintain the appropriate organizational structures for end-to-end process. Identify and develop future talent and ensure appropriate leadership skills are present at every level through effective motivation, coaching, training and development of direct reports and teams in the country.
- Maintains at the highest possible level an adidas public image of professionalism and integrity and contribute back to the community.
- Senior Management Suppliers
- Senior Management Sourcing
- Brand Sourcing and Brand Operations
- CoE Logistic
- Order Management
- Local government offices
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong business acumen knowledge
- Strong leadership skills
- Innovative and challenges status quo
- Strong knowledge of the apparel industry and knowledge of where the industry is going, cross-functional and intercultural experience
- Strong communication skills
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
- Good knowledge of standard Software applications (Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Fluent English
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Diploma or degree from educational entity focusing on textile engineering, international trade or related field
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the Apparel industry with a minimum of 5 years at managerial level
- Experience in Apparel Development and Production
- Willingness to frequent travels abroad