As a Senior Designer Digital Experience at adidas you are responsible for creating cross-functional and high-quality user experiences, bringing ideas to live in the form of sketches, concepts and high-level prototypes. You will also be validating if the concepts and solutions delivered by internal teams or vendors meet the desired user experiences. The aspiration is to define experiences that will maximize consumer engagement, conversion and advocacy for adidas.
Working in close collaboration with Experience Design specialists, Ecosystem Design, Brand Design and product teams, you will leverage your in-depth knowledge to create consistent experiences end-to-end and to consult stakeholders on User-Centric Thinking.
Scope: Accountable for the creation of experiences within a pre-defined scope
- Experience Delivery
- Leverage existing consumer insights or request necessary analysis to understand the value drivers for the consumer. Partner on a regular basis with the Consumer Insights team to influence future consumer research.
- Create experience design concepts within your area of responsibility that addresses consumer value propositions and is backed up by data from various testing and analytics sources.
- Deliver these concepts in the form of information architecture, user journeys, concept maps, flows, sketches, wireframes or prototypes based on the project needs.
- Validate if the solutions delivered by internal teams and vendors meet the desired user experience.
- Document the validated experience standards using the GDEG (Global Digital Experience Guidelines).
- Experience Optimization
- Be the key contact within your scope of responsibility to optimize current digital experiences.
- Revise and update the value proposition of existing experiences in the light of new insights. Drive the optimization of consumer-facing digital solutions within your area of responsibility, leveraging user testing, A/B testing, SEO and analytics reports.
- Implement a continuous improvement process to ensure those insights are incorporated into the different product backlogs on an incremental basis.
- Experience Innovation
- Extract design, digital and e-commerce trends. Qualify and apply findings to experience design concepts in order to maximize the value for the consumer and for the company.
- Contribute to the Experience Design and Product Owner communities, sharing knowledge and best practices.
- Experience Collaboration & Consulting
- Provide a consumer-centric view along with the experience. Collaborate with product areas and other stakeholders to ensure that backlogs are aligned towards a cross-functional view to deliver complete experiences.
- Consult stakeholders within your scope of responsibility on implementing User-Centric Thinking. Define respective digital experience solutions.
- Conduct experience reviews. Provide advice on user experience and usability topics within your scope of responsibility.
- Provide hands-on experience design support on concept direction considering overarching best practices.
„If required“ Responsibilities
- Lead a team of researchers on digital user experience to identify consumer insights and translate the findings to digital creative briefs.
- Supervise the execution of remote, in-house, moderated, un-moderated (formal & informal) usability testing and user research.
- People Management
- Create a supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate team workload and organizational efficiency with the support of data and team feedback and make appropriate changes in order to meet business needs.
- Provide team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and DBC objectives.
Knowledge, Capabilities and Experience
- Education & Experience
- University degree in the field of Business or equivalent
- 8+ years of experience in the area of experience or front-end design, e.g. as a functional expert
- Experience in digital and/ or eCommerce environment
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your attention to details and problem-solving.
- Valid experience in growing high volume businesses and achieving bottom-line results in a commercial world.
- 1+ years of experience in leading a team
- Very good communication skills, comfortable presenting complex topics to stakeholders at various organizational levels both in-person and remotely
- Consistency across designs while maintaining a creative approach
- Creative and energetic team player who has a passion for user-centred design
- People management skills are a big plus
- Comfortable working with enterprise-level platforms and technologies
- Experience in product management and working in an agile/SCRUM mode
- Good level of knowledge on CRM and/or digital marketing
- Knowledge about reporting tools, KPI creation and extracting insights from complex dashboards
- Experience in working with Illustrator and other relevant wireframing tools
- Deep understanding of the web environment, GUI (screen layouts and composition)
- Excellent knowledge of designing native apps
- Fluent English both verbally and written