Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Brand Finance provides financial support to the Global Brand teams for developing and managing the adidas brand and facilitates the strategic planning activities for brand adidas.
The objective of the Brand Marketing Finance team is to deliver financial transparency within the Marketing/ Licensing processes by supporting the various Global Brand teams (e.g. Global Marketing, Business Units) across different divisions in an efficient, value added way. This is supported by the creation of transparency about business performance through cost (-center) controlling, business controlling and eventually performance management.
The BU MWB Controlling team creates transparency about the Marketing Working Budget development for the adidas Business Units. The team is the main contact for the General managers (GM’s) and business analysts (BA’s) in all MWB related questions and is responsible for the bottom-up planning and tracking of the MWB of the respective BU’s.
- Partner with business and the finance team for the assigned Business Units.
- Be the SPOC for GM’s + first line and BA’s in all MWB related topics for the assigned BU.
- Planning and tracking of Sports Marketing MWB of the respective Business Units.
- Constant review and validation of CAF’s & asset planning of the assigned BU’s.
- AMS contract database – guarantee correct reflection of financial obligations in cooperation with FSS accounting team
- Enable fact-based decision making by creating transparency on all relevant financial KPI’s, risks and opportunities as well as checking on the business potential of new initiatives.
- Drive communication and alignment on finance topics with Markets, as well as other relevant parties within the MWB Controlling context, e.g. Legal, Group Accounting, etc.
- Develop and implement state of the art analytical tools (or challenge and improve the existing ones)
- Develop and implement adequate communication packages to present results with direct impact on the department targets
- Enhance processes or operational plans and deliver results with direct impact on the department targets
- Governance of global Brand Assets MWB processes and procedures.
- Ensure accounting compliance of month-, quarter, and year-end close
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Comprehensive business understanding of processes and structure as well as of external business drivers
- High degree of customer orientation and the ability to find compromises between Market and HQ needs in order to find win-win solutions
- Very good communication skills for persuasion and convincing others both internally and externally and business fluency in English (written and spoken)
- High degree of customer orientation and the ability to accept and meet deadlines
- Ability to maneuver in a consistently changing environment and to operate cross-functionally
- Strong analytical skills, managing large data quantities from multiple sources and the ability to define problems, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- University degree in business administration, ideally with main focus on Controlling/ Finance & Marketing
- Advanced system expertise in MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint). SAP knowledge is an advantage
- 2 – 4 years of work experience in Business Analysis or Finance preferably within the apparel/sporting goods or comparable industries