Position is for our E Shift, 6pm – 6am, Tue/Wed/Thu nights and every other Mon night
Purpose: The Screen Print Coach is responsible for reinforcing training material and best practices. Mentoring/training new hires on press, as well as coaching existing staff. This position will work with all Screen printing associates with the goal of driving efficiency improvements through consistent training, knowledge transfer, and follow-up.
- Will be accountable for taking each new staff member through the on-press screen/hand print curriculum, teaching the basics of the machines, safety, vocabulary and working with them on their first setups and runs.
- This person will be responsible for following up on trainees/trainers ensuring best practice is being followed.
- Ensure all training documentation regarding best practices, safety protocol, and new hire orientation is current and collaborated across shifts.
- Maintain clear documentation on associate trends including initial training sessions and follow up sessions
- Conduct group demonstrations on the manufacturing floor regarding new processes, training updates, and new hire orientations.
- Maintain consistent communication with internal R&D regarding new processes garment types and/or products.
- Translate standards/pay variables to ensure associates understand how efficiencies are calculated.
- Become proficient operating all adidas INDY manufacturing equipment
- Train all new employees on manufacturing excellence and best practices ensuring the ability to meet adidas production and quality standards.
- Responsible for continuous development of skills and techniques with existing employees, specifically lower performing associates.
- Lead/track coaching sessions and clearly communicate progress with manufacturing management.
- Communicate with production art on separation issues presented on the floor as well as successes.
- Will give directives on changes made in our process, new techniques and important troubleshooting notes to the lead trainer and training operators on all shifts.
- Training Manager
- Screen Print Managers
- Manufacturing associates
- Production Art/R&D
Objectives of position:
- Increase efficiency
- Improve quality
- Increased retention of associates
- Increase safety
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Computer skills including, Excel, Word, and Outlook, Power Point a plus
- Must have flexibility in shift and hours with ability to work overtime as necessary
- Ability to track and document results accurately.
- Ability to interpret and translate data to the production floor.
- Ability to learn the operation of production equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both from an individual and group standpoint.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written in English- bi-lingual a plus
- Must maintain a high level of professionalism and the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- HS Diploma, college degree preferred
- Printing experience preferred
- Demonstrable experience in leading teams and/or training personnel.