Purpose: The role of Lead adds value to the manufacturing process by ensuring that all grids processed will be ready for production when the press operators receive the goods and screens at the press. By managing the flow of goods from the warehouse to the manufacturing department the shift lead will help maintain a steady flow of work to the manufacturing department.
- Esure that all morning rush orders are at presses by 6:00 AM.
- Make scheduling/delivery decisions.
- Keep Preactor updated so it reflects the decisions made by the Shift Lead.
- Must work with scheduling to right-size future wave sizes.
- Should interact with the Forklift Controller to manage the flow of work to the MPD area.
- Should engage in timekeeping KSA Performance for team members
- Ensure the delivery of late rush grids to the presses so they can make the days shipment.
- Follow a decision tree in order to determine when to request Make Ups and Reshoots.
- Manage the MPD Back To Stock Area
- Aid MPD Associates in the efficient completion of their duties.
- Should also ensure that the MPD Associates follow the SOPs in the completion of their duties.
- Master Scheduler
- Team Captains/Screenprint Management
- Inventory Control
- Forklift Controller
- MPD Associates
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Learn how to run updates within the Preactor Scheduling software, as well as become proficient at using other company software such as SAMMS MARC and NetTerm.
- Should have an attention to detail mentality.
- Should be able to follow detailed instructions.
- Should be able to communicate professionally
- Proficient at working within set procedures and time constraints.
- Must have solid attendance
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Leadership/Supervisory experience