Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
To ensure best value for money in Non Trade Purchase (NTP), whilst ensuring our brand integrity is kept in place.
To ensure that commercial and business relationships and agreements with suppliers are handled according to policies, risks and procurement best practices.
- Develop and implement NTP procurement strategies in alignment with relevant business partners.
- Ensure best practice in the NTP procurement cycle.
- Ensure compliance with Group and local NTP policies.
- Ensure that tendering is carried out for all NTP according to local policy.
- Carry out tendering process where agreed with the budget holder.
- Guide budget holders through the tendering process that they carry out themselves to ensure that the tender exercise is effective. Review such tenders to ensure an unbiased approach.
- Ensure all suppliers are chosen objectively based on merit and agreed criteria, and without any conflicts of interest, and that the decision is taken by appropriately independent people, including the budget holder and Procurement Coordinator.
- Ensure that there is adequate evidence that the tendering process has been carried out and also of the decision making.
- Ensure that there is a regular review of all suppliers and instigate tendering where necessary.
- Ensure suppliers involved in the tendering process are not limited to those suppliers that have been used in the past by exploring new options. Where necessary seek out new suppliers beyond the current knowledge of the business.
- Responsible for preparation of CAR forms according to company policy and guidelines and ensure matching between actual orders and the relevant CAR form.
- Ensure the preferred supplier list is constantly reviewed, challenged and updated
- Ensure that all relationships with suppliers are supported by appropriate legal agreements.
- Ensure that purchase orders are used for all NTP.
- Ensure that there is appropriate approval of purchase orders, before any commitment is made to the supplier.
- Ensure that NTP processes and approvals reduce the risk of fraud to an acceptably low level.
- Be an active part and partner through vendors service and relationship feedback in the yearly key vendors review
- Monitor invoices arrival and charging according to agreed fees and contracts
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent command of English
- Excellent attention to detail, operational and analysis skills
- Advanced MS office skills (Excel is a must)
- structured, process oriented at the same time approachable and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a team environment and under pressure.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
•University degree, administration or economics preferred.
•2-3 years working experience in Procurement area.