Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization
- Provide intellectual property legal support for adidas, including performing legal trademark clearance, interacting with business clients, outside providers and partners, and providing other support as needed.
- Perform trademark and design clearance and research on trademark and other intellectual property issues, including attendance at line reviews.
- Counsel the businesses on trademarks, graphics, and product designs (including compliance with internal trademark guidelines).
- Provide education and proactive counseling to the business to minimize risks and enhance intellectual property protection.
- Support compliance with trademark and other intellectual property aspects of licenses, sports marketing contracts and other agreements.
- Support creation of contracts and issues arising out of same as needed.
- Support defense of claims and litigation.
- Legal team
- Business clients, partners
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in trademarks and copyright
- Ability to provide strong customer service, demonstrate understanding of client’s needs and willingness to serve
- Ability to work in a fast paced department; ability to manage tight timelines
- Proficient in the internet
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, a must
- Self motivated; ability to work independently and with initiative but can also work as a team.
- Strong skills in research and investigation
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications
- Law degree and bar admission
- 3-5 years law firm or in-house experience practicing in trademarks.