This position contributes to adidas’ success by developing and implementing SEA operational strategies to ensure that adidas’ business practices and its environmental, health & safety, and social impacts reflect adidas’ commitment to corporate responsibility.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal business entities (departments, brands, BU’s) and external stakeholders (adidas/Reebok licensees; external monitors/Service Provider; multi-stakeholder initiatives). Create engagement strategies to leverage relationships, meet business needs, and build transparency.
- Support the day-to-day implementation of adidas’ Workplace Standards, including a) execution of related policies, projects and work programmes and b) managing, prioritizing, organizing and evaluating the obligations of internal and external business partners to promote compliance.
- Significantly contribute to the achievement of the department strategy by leading strategic projects and activities to achieve the goals assigned and defined by the SEA Senior Management.
- Data management, analysis and reporting to a) provide accurate, consistent and timely information for multiple stakeholders on adidas’ SEA program, and to b) track key performance indicators and recommend the necessary adjustments or improvements to the SEA program to ensure collection, evaluation and accuracy of data.
- Responsible for supporting the adidas’ implementation of Fair Labor Association’s (FLA) obligations. Key responsibilities include management of the assigned internal and external resources to meet FLA requirements.
- Develop and provide regular SEA and FFC trainings to adidas Business Entities’ staff.
- Manage the external monitoring process in licensees’ factories in the Americas.
- Keep updated on all labour and HSE legislation within the designated country or countries and report any updates to the leadership team.
- Work on Strategic Compliance Plan and Report Card process with designated Business Entities
- Manage strategic projects, activities and reports that achieve the goals assigned and defined by the SEA Senior Management
- SEA Program Operations & Field Operations staff
- SEA Senior Leadership Team
- adidas/Reebok Legal, Sourcing, Brand, BU, Supply Chain Management (along with other relevant internal stakeholders)
- U.S.-based adidas and Reebok licensees
- Fair Labor Association and other relevant external multi-stakeholder initiatives
- Fair Labor Association Participating Companies;
- External Monitoring Companies/Global Service Provider
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated business analysis skills and effective process management
- Outstanding problem-solving skills (research and analytical)
- Demonstrated understanding of data analysis
- Ability to learn new technical systems quickly
- Cross-functional project management ability and demonstrated experience influencing peers and management.
- Understanding of budgeting, timeline and process management.
- Strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Exceptional time management, prioritization and organizational skills
- Ability to place emphasis on driving and influencing business
- Effective communication skills (written, oral and presentation)
- Working knowledge of Spanish is desirable
- Shows the 3C behaviours of Creativity, Collaboration and Confidence during daily operations and engagements with internal and external stakeholders
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications
- Relevant four-year degree required (B.A. or B.S.).
- Minimum experience of 5 years in CSR-related issues, human rights, health & safety, and environment.
- Knowledge of current industry trends and practices regarding Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability.
- Able to travel to both local and international destinations.