Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
- Contributes to operational excellence by HR Rewards. Implements measures and manages projects that fulfil the purpose of enhancing efficiency, quality and Customer Focus. Define and review processes within the area of Payroll and Benefits.
- Reviews and ensures accurate computation of pay and interprets company policies and government regulations affecting payroll procedures. Informs and advises HRM about correct handling methods on local legal requirements and company internal standards
- Supervises payroll and benefits specialist/administrators on day-to-day issues and acts as the gate keeper on payroll and benefits execution
- Back-up for payroll and benefits administration support
- Provide advice to HRMs as well as other internal contacts and external vendors in Rewards Services related issues
- Ensure an excellent and standardised communication to employees and internal customers, including conduction of trainings
- Cooperates closely and communicate with Compensation & Benefits (C&B), Cross-Border Employment (CBE) and e-HR colleagues in order to ensure that processes, tools and system support are applied in the best possible way within HR Rewards
- Ensures HR systems data integrity and validity within the area of service
- Manages / coordinates all contracts filing, information and maintenance correctly in SAP/HR systems, & personal files
- Lead, supports or coordinates projects related to Rewards (including but not limited to C&B, CBE, Rewards Services and e-HR) processes, content and training/briefing
- Audits relevant data regarding C&B / CBE / eHR projects in close cooperation with relevant Rewards colleagues
- Assure timely reporting and generation of statements to tax authorities, governmental institutions, service providers and internal contact where applicable.
- Ensures all information, communication and coordination to the group insurance department and external vendors for benefits administration where necessary
- Provides feedback on the effectiveness of benefits programmes and work closely with Compensation and Benefits, group insurance department and the external vendors to recommend changes where appropriate
- Constantly searches for and defines better administrative, efficient and effective ways of improving process and communication on all topics within working field
- Be a team player contributing to the overall operational excellence by HR
- Internal contacts within HRBPs, Talents, Finance, Controlling, Performance Management, Legal, Auditors, Taxes, IT and Corp Services
- Governmental institutions and authorities, e.g. Labour Dept., Tax Dept., Social Security Authority
- External consultants / Vendors, e.g. Payroll vendors, Time Management vendors, External Auditors, Insurance Companies, brokers and etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Local language (ie Japanese)
- Excellent knowledge of MS-Office applications, including Word Processing, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with Business computing solutions, ideally also with SAP-HR.
- Strong service mindset, people focus and self-motivated.
- Strong mindset in process improvement and continuous efficiency
- Good team player, good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to details with good numerical & analytical skills.
- International mindset.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- University degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years of overall work experience in Payroll Operations, Benefits administration and HRIS
- Experience working in multinational company
Well versed with local employment/labor ordinance and other related statutory requirements