Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
- Collaborates with Warehouse Management and supervisors to correct processes, train employees and develop new procedures as needed to maintain inventory integrity while maintaining compliance standards for a foreign trade zone. Manages the integrity of all inventory processes and transactions insuring that the physical inventory in the DC is accurate, FTZ standards are maintained, and established procedures are maintained.
- Manage the end to end inventory cycle, ensuring accuracy within defined parameters while proactively anticipating the needs of business partners that balance long term strategic use of resources to ensure operations are executed efficiently and demonstrate a forward thinking mentality to make change a value driven process.
- Insure inventory balance between OSR and reserve locations and within all warehouse systemic controls for example SAP/Manhattan/Knapp inventory through routine monitoring, communications, and procedural awareness.
- Maintain current documented procedures for each step of the inventory control process to include type of equipment, tools and skills required to execute all inventory type transactions.
- Initiates new methods and procedures designed to maintain the integrity of the inventory.
- Manage the collection, reporting and feedback regarding inventory transactions using SAP, excel, queries and WMS/Knapp reporting.
- Maintain all OSHA safety standards including all reporting of accidents, injuries, damages, and potential threats to safety.
- Develop and manage the annual budget and cost per unit for Dept.
- Assist in the development and updating of all warehouse SOP’s.
- Interface with Distribution Directors, Finance, FTZ/Customs, and distribution supervisors and managers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- The job requires extensive walking and standing on hard surfaces
- Should have a minimum of 5 years experience in a large box distribution center environment with a high level of units and skus, in a complex high speed operation.
- Must have computer skills for e-mailing and communication, ability to use Microsoft Excel, and communication skills and a high degree of analytical skills.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications :
- College degree preferred plus 5 years experience in a related industry (or equivalent).