B Shift, 6am – 6pm, Thu/Fri/Sat every other Sun
Purpose: This position will be a key member of the organization and be involved in strategic decision making as it relates to staffing, development, capacity planning, and costing. Will provide the leadership and tactical decision making to ensure efficiency goals, quality levels, sustainability, and service levels are achieved on a daily basis. Will be a change agent and a conduit to achieving manufacturing excellence and foster a LEAN culture.
- Must demonstrate leadership through the 3 C’s at all times.
- Will play a key role of developing a culture of high energy and positivity.
- Must use tactical decision making that aligns with department and overall business strategies on a consistent basis.
- Through effective leadership will ensure all associates have the opportunity to be developed through training, mentoring, and clearly communicated expectations.
- Will ensure service levels are being met by setting up and sustaining efficient processes that are aligned across all four shifts.
- Create an environment where working with efficiency is recognized and by engaging associates and fostering an inclusive environment.
- Collaborate and communicate with all stakeholders on any production problems that may exist with orders on the floor including daily communication of rush orders and orders past schedule date.
- Maintain proper staffing levels based on yearly plan communicated by Sr. Management. Work closely with HR to communicate shift needs in a timely fashion.
- Effectively communicate and sustain all process/policy related changes implemented in the department.
- Create and maintain a culture of “right the first time” and pride in producing garments that are attractive to our customers.
- Manage all company policies in accordance with the adidas-Indy handbook including Kronos clocking, STAR program, production audits, and progressive disciplinary action.
- Complete all administrative tasks in a timely manner ensuring all deadlines are consistently met.
- Keep associates informed of shift and department results in quality, efficiency, CPU, company goals, news, and all pertinent HR information.
- Will be a leading change agent and the face of continuous improvement initiatives such as Kaizen events and other Manufacturing Excellence activities.
- All Embroidery, Heat Transfer, Framis, and Pad Printing personnel
- Quality Department
- Director of Manufacturing, Operations Manager
- Front end scheduling and wave planning
- Distribution and Screenprint Managers
- Production Art and Production Proofing
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership abilities and have the ability to lead large teams.
- Must demonstrate high energy and positivity.
- Must be a collaborator and possess a team work mindset.
- Exercises considerable judgment in working independently to meet objectives or take a project from inception to completion.
- Able to coordinate the work of several departments/business units within a division of the corporation to meet goals.
- PC skills including Microsoft Office/Outlook.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain composure in a high-pressured environment.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Prefer a BS or Technical Degree.
- Must have greater than 5 years of related experience managing a large team.
- Must have a good understanding of continuous improvement techniques/LEAN Manufacturing.