In June 2016, adidas and KANYE WEST announced the most significant partnership ever created between a non-athlete and an athletic brand.
Working with KANYE WEST, the YEEZY team leads the development and creation of all YEEZY products and experiences, uniting adidas’ innovation and performance expertise with KANYE WEST’s creative vision.
Empowering creators to create the new has always been what adidas has been about. Join us to lead this journey.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organisation:
Drive the overall optimization of product value (engineered cost) and profitability.
- Be a key contributor to Creation Center growth and profitability by gaining a full understanding of its business potential, anticipating requirements and proposing cost-based solutions to achieve Brand adidas objectives
- In collaboration with Sourcing, Global Planning and Development, contribute to allocation strategies to ensure margin maximization in investigating potential of new sources and trade agreements for assigned global Business Unit
- Ensure availability of costing performance results for global Business Unit at each key milestone for quantitative assessment to facilitate product value/margin/FOB discussion with cross-functional teams, recommend tactical actions/adjustment in season
- Act as a consultant partner within the respective Creation Center team
- Provide on demand day to day costing support within the respective Creation Center
- Provide technical costing expertise to engineer product to cost and enable design to profitability
- Strategically manage globally assigned cost drivers and develop an E2E costing framework to enable saving opportunities and ensure cost optimization by creating a fact based and predictable costing environment
- Develop costing tools and deliver training programs to Marketing, Design and Development to optimize product value and align target and cost and throughout the product creation process
- Support the definition and the monitoring of product costing performance and costing process performance at the key development stages by setting the framework, the KPIs and the communication process
- Support development or enhancement of systems and process to ensure costing requirements are met and to improve costing performance
· Design, Marketing and Brand Operations – Development , Materials, Pattern Maker
· LO/OC Merchandising, Technical Services and Costing
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledge of material construction
· Strong understanding of cost drivers
· Strong knowledge of production footwear construction and manufacturing
· Expert knowledge of cost driver management within a supplier and the entire supply chain
· Good understanding of end2end costing/sourcing process
· Effective communication and negotiation skills
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Understanding of the respective vision and strategy for the brands. Ability to communicate to LO/OC/T1 the vision and strategy as well as success criteria needed from sourcing and T1 teams
· Fluent in English (written and spoken)
· Strong IT skills (MS Office) and ability to work with Product Data Management Systems
· Domestic and International Travel as required
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
· Four-year college or university degree in clothing technology and/or manufacturing or comparable education
· Minimum 3-5 years of work experience in footwear industry