Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
The Manager Advanced Analytics Hub & Lab owns advanced analytics products of low to medium complexity. The role owner takes the lead as product owner, or an equivalent role, of a data science / artificial intelligence solution and drives the adoption of his/her solution within the organization. As product owner, he/she develops growth concepts and defines roll-out roadmaps for the appropriate product. The Manager Advanced Analytics Hub & Lab owns the product backlog and all activities necessary to embed his/her product into adidas.
- Applies a variety of analytical and visualization techniques, in consultation with experts if appropriate, and with sensitivity to the limitations of the techniques.
- Takes responsibility for understanding client requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis and problem resolution. Identifies, evaluates and recommends options, implementing if required.
- Uses recommended portfolio, programme and project control solutions for planning, scheduling and tracking. Sets up project files, compiles and distributes reports.
- Investigates operational needs and problems, and opportunities, contributing to the recommendation of improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes and organization.
- Defines scope and business priorities for small-scale changes and may assist in larger scale scoping exercises. Elicits and discovers requirements from operational management and other stakeholders.
- Investigates problems in systems, processes and services. Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
- Supervises individuals and teams. Allocates routine tasks and/or project work.
- Maintains skills framework, or information about access to standard frameworks. Advises on required outcomes for learning or development, from knowledge of skills frameworks and organizational development needs.
- Implements stakeholder engagement/ communications plans, including, for example; handling of complaints; problems and issues; managing resolutions; corrective actions and lessons learned; collection and dissemination of relevant information.
- Manages aspects of the product lifecycle, working with colleagues in other disciplines to enable effective marketing and customer support. May act as product owner for one or more lower value products or services.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good understanding of business environment
- Experienced in Proof-of-Concept and prototyping
- Good presentation skills
- Good in consultancy
- Experienced knowledge in function or department operations
- Experienced understanding of business characteristics
- Experienced skills in stakeholder analysis
- Experienced understanding of IT environment
- High degree of analytical thinking
- Good in providing direction
- Good in decision making
- Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Master’s degree, or equivalent, in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or another relevant field
- Proficient spoken and written command of English
- 5+ years’ experience in advanced analytics
- Thorough hands-on experience in R and/or Python, SQL, big data technologies and frameworks e.g. Hadoop, Spark and/or Impala