Purpose: Implement specific product and brand direction for focus categories within specific key accounts. Lead sell–in and sell-through for those categories along with retail activation and the merchandising team to achieve profitable growth with the account.
- Using strong business acumen and retail math abilities drive the top and bottom line number for the account.
- Drive account growth and profitability by assessing and building on areas of momentum; capitalize on product/pricing opportunities and course correct with innovative sales tactics to improve sales performance with account.
- Develop strategic sales plan for complex retail accounts leveraging account insight and goals to achieve sales targets and align with brand and category objectives.
- Leverage market and competitor trends along with buyer preferences at the category level to build strategic sales plan
- Based on specific product and brand direction for focus categories at account lead the sell in and especially sell through process in collaboration with marketing and retail
- Collaborate with marketing and retail activation partners to drive sell through programs at the account
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all internal departments and assigned key accounts based on respect
- Deliver on time reporting and forecasting for all required reports and documents to appropriate parties
- Manage all credit claims and issues to resolution
- Manage, track and resolve all customer compliance issues regarding freight claims, charge-backs, shipping violations, RTV and DFA
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of key metric levers and how to use them to create increased profitability and sales for both adidas and its’ retail partners.
- Ability to apply financial data to make decisions and influence outcomes. This includes margins, retail math, forecast/projections, probability and statistical inference, fractions, percentages, ratios, etc.
- Ability to lay out practical and logical assortment plans based on retail space, inventory turn, and sell through
- Ability to portray a confident and winning attitude in challenging business interactions.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and influence outcomes with both internal and external contacts.
- Proven background that reflects being results-oriented
- Agile and confident communication skills with internal and external business partners.
- Experience working across a wide range of business partners on projects
- Ability to make “on the spot” decisions
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of business via phone, written communication and in person
- Strong presentation skills. Effectiveness in a variety of formal presentation settings within and outside of the company. The ability to command attention and manage group process during the presentation. Can change tactics midstream when something isn't working without audience noticing. Ability to understand and incorporate all levels of brand marketing plans and ideals in to presentations
- Ability to tell a holistic story verses taking a transactional approach.
- Merchandising and planning skills, and the ability to create merchandise plans based on sell through targets.
- Ability to enhance consumer interaction/experience at our retail partners.
- Strong understanding of retail sales practices
- Advanced computer skills ( Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to lift and carry samples and bags weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Passion for sport.
- Four year degree preferably in Business, Marketing, Advertising or a related field.
- Minimum five years of field sales experience, preferably with key accounts within a consumer goods company in the sporting goods industry. The equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.