Are you #heretocreate the future of sport with us? Are you ready to put the books aside and get hands-on experiences? Here is your chance to join the best sports brand in the world.
adidas is a truly global company with its roots in Germany. Around the world we employ over 57,000 people. Employees from about 100 nations are working at our global HQ in Herzogenaurach, Germany – the ‘World of Sports’. Every year we produce over 900 million sports and sports lifestyle products and we believe that through sports we have the power to change lives.
adidas strives to be at the forefront of innovation. As a future member of out IT Innovation team you will work on a research project around gamifiction and phygital environments. The online world is getting real. The material is becoming immaterial and virtual tactility is growing. Seamlessness is key; the creation of new phygital dimensions that marry the physical and digital together smoothly.
Let’s explore how we can combine gaming experience like fortnite with the real world. Idea is to investigate if we can combine movement sensors with the game. Does it motivate people to move outside of the virtual world to get credit inside the virtual world. As part of your Master thesis your task will be to build concepts and stories as well as to sketch some user experiences on how we can make the best of combining sports & movement with the gaming world.
"Gamification in phygital environments: The application of sensor technology in computer games"
- Conduct literature research in the areas of gaming, gamification, phygital / augmented environments as well as player and athlete psychology
- Understand the technologies, both, in regards to wearables / sensors, as well as the respective games, game engines and interfaces
- Conduction of hands on consumer evaluations, applying human-centered design research methods (i.e., creation of personas, conduction of interviews and surveys as well as observations)
- Development of a deep understanding of how to efficiently combine the physical and digital worlds and which aspects affect player motivation and engagement
- Identification of concrete correlations between technological features / concepts and the resulting consumer experience
- Derive a meaningful concept for the further development of a potential consumer product and provide recommendations for action in the respective target market
- Documentation and presentation of the results to the upper/senior management teams
- Student in the area of Human Computer Interaction, Informatics, Media Informatics, Information Management or similar
- Affinity for shy-tech and electronics in sports and health
- Strong knowledge in consumer-based research and human centered design
- Good analytical skills and empathetic personality
- Eager to work with people and in an interdisciplinary team
- Excellent skills in communication and collaboration
- Good skills in results-oriented and independent working
- Fluent English (verbal and written)
- You will be employed as an intern for the duration of 6 months
- Enrolled as fulltime student for the complete duration of the internship
- The final thesis topic will be defined in agreement with you and the supervising professor. We will support you in this matter. The conduction of a master thesis is a must for this internship.
Application Deadline: October 15th, 2019
Start Dates: March 1st, 2020 or March15th, 2020
Duration: 6 months
Location: adidas Headquarters in Herzogenaurach (near Nuremberg)
- Show us with your application (CV & motivation letter) who you are, why you want to join adidas and why this specific team
- Please apply in the same language as the job description
- Be aware that incomplete applications will not be considered
Make your move to the World of Sports.
Check out: www.herzo.adidas-group.com