Are you #heretocreate the future of sport with us? Are you ready to put the books aside and get hands-on experiences? Here is your chance to join the best sports brand in the world.
adidas is a truly global company with its roots in Germany. Around the world we employ over 57,000 people. Employees from about 100 nations are working at our global HQ in Herzogenaurach, Germany – the ‘World of Sports’. Every year we produce over 900 million sports and sports lifestyle products and we believe that through sports we have the power to change lives.
adidas strives to be at the forefront of innovation. As a future member of the IT Innovation team you will work on diverse projects around mobile and wearable devices and applications.
Ultra low power devices (ULP) are on the rise. The impact of code on energy consumption is extremely visible in these kinds of devices. Idea of the master thesis is to investigate in a wearable device the impact of radio frequency (RF), compiler and operating system (OS) choices on energy consumption. Specifically interesting is the combination of a ULP device with RF powered by an energy harvesting system. A proposal to enhance the benchmark for ULP should be discussed. ULP devices as well as an IAR workbench will be provided.
"Energy consumption optimization on ultra lower power devices"
- Complete analysis of OS choice impact to energy consumption (https://www. zephyrproject.org/ vs. supplier native libraries) regards different use cases
- Analysis of compiler impact to energy consumption (gcc, IAR)
- C code examples of which have highest impact on energy consumption
- Analysis showcase on an embedded platform (adidas wearable board)
- Recommendation to optimize design of power control for energy harvester based ULP devices
- Proposal to enhance http://www.eembc.org/ulpbench/ to cover RF and energy harvesting
- Presentation of the results to the upper/senior management teams
- Student of Informatics or comparable studies with at least good performance
- Strong hands-on software development background
- Strong experience in firmware development, incl. developing on micro controllers
- Arduino experience is a plus
- Willingness and passion to code and develop technical artifacts as required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task in a flexible environment & patience to work under pressure
- Fluent English (verbal and written)
- You will be employed as an intern for the duration of 6 months
- Enrolled as fulltime student for the complete duration of the internship
- The final thesis topic will be defined in agreement with you and the supervising professor. We will support you in this matter. The conduction of a master thesis is a must for this internship.
Application Deadline: October 15th, 2019
Start Dates: March 1st, 2020 or March15th, 2020
Duration: 6 months
Location: adidas Headquarters in Herzogenaurach (near Nuremberg)
- Show us with your application (CV & motivation letter) who you are, why you want to join adidas and why this specific team
- Please apply in the same language as the job description
- Be aware that incomplete applications will not be considered
Make your move to the World of Sports.
Check out: www.herzo.adidas-group.com