Purpose for the organization:
- To conduct data analysis and support tracking of environmental business performance targets on energy, water, water, chemicals, wastewater standards and management system.
- To support the implementation, transition and integration of the Environmental supplier programs with industry audit and assessment tools
- Research & Analysis:
- Research the most important macro drivers for emission (reduction) pathways in top countries based on framework
- Conduct various types of data analysis, including handling:
- 2019 supplier energy data to be used as the baseline year for projections into 2025 energy efficiency / GHG reductions
- Waste water data required in waste water programs
- SAC (Sustainable Apparel Organization tools such as Higg FEM 3.0) data and create supplier analysis reports
- Conduct review of data quality and statistical analysis of supplier-provided environmental and resource management data in adidas’s EMeReT database
- Deliver assessment reports, including gap analysis and recommendations, for each supplier in the relevant and pre-specified product category and division.
- Update /maintain the library of waste water discharge legal requirements for focused countries.
- Track records on monitoring Higg performance in global supply chain
- Communicate monthly/quarterly update to Sourcing team using the Progress Tracker
- Integrate key sustainability KPIs and metrics in multiple functional areas
- SEA Environmental Team, Field Operations and where applicable Program Operations teams in Asia Pacific, EMEA and the Americas;
- Local Sourcing personnel for individual brands
Required main study courses:
- Studying for a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree in environmental or related fields
- Technical background in sustainability or environmental science, including knowledge in principles of carbon accounting and water impact measurement is preferred.
Additional skills/ qualifications:
- Strong communication skills, fluent English, additional Asia languages an asset Chinese/Putonghua, Vietnamese etc.
- Excellent data analysis skills, eg., advanced Excel functions and data visualization techniques.
- Experience in compiling raw data from multiple sources and preparing greenhouse gas inventories.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work with a variety of people across different cultures and time zones
- Manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Must be self-motivated, proactive, and flexible
The internship is 6 months full time starting in January 2019
Student must be enrolled at the university for the complete duration of the internship