Want to practice what you are learning at university? Do you want to experience hands-on what your dream job is like? Are you a sports lover who aspires to work in an international environment with responsibilities for own projects? Then an internship at adidas will be an opportunity for you to join a truly international business with an environment that is often described as dynamic, innovative, and culturally diverse!
Internship at adidas
The purpose of this internship is to provide the internship student with experience of the practical application of theoretical knowledge the internship student has already acquired at university and to acquire new skills and knowledge. This internship description contains tasks and responsibilities that will be learned step by step and the internship student will be accompanied by adidas employees at all times. adidas will ensure that the internship student is given tasks and responsibilities according to the level of competence of the student and the educational objectives for the internship period. The internship student will sign an internship agreement, which is not an employment contract.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization
As a Junior Product Owner at DBC you are responsible for the quality and strategic impact of a small or medium digital product, assisting a Senior Product Owner to develop a digital product. Together with your agile team you work on continuously improving and evolving the product in order to optimize the value for the consumer.
Partnering with IT and markets to define a robust product backlog, managing capability expansion increments and leading the team towards new functionalities & best practice definitions are a few examples of the activities that will be expected from this role. Additionally, you will be cooperating with various internal stakeholders, including Markets and other DBC areas to drive consumer engagement and satisfaction, as well as incremental revenues by delivering digital experiences.
Scope: Accountable for a digital product of medium complexity
- Product Strategy & Delivery
- Specify the user stories considering the value for the consumer and the company as well as its role and impact on the adidas digital ecosystem.
- Be responsible for product delivery in line with the roadmap and committed delivery dates.
- Identify and solve dependencies with other teams to ensure efficient delivery.
- Stakeholder Management
- Support the product and senior product owner, fostering strong relationships with key stakeholders to ensure that their views and requirements are captured in the product backlog.
- Backlog Management
- Create items in the product backlog. Specify the definition-of-done in cooperation with the product team.
- Own the refinement of your product backlog to ensure that the product team is delivering the right enhancements to drive consumer and business value.
- Provide acceptance for delivered backlog items by the team, in line with the definition-of-done.
- Create proper documentation required to build new digital product
- Be accountable for monitoring, optimization and enhancement of the configuration, features and functionalities related to the product.
- Use data sources and feedback loops to ensure the team focuses on the right enhancements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good communication skills and comfortable presenting to stakeholders at various organizational levels both in person and remotely
- Solutions-oriented approach and entrepreneurial mindset
- eCommerce or Digital knowledge good
- Jira / Confluence knowledge if possible
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications
- Student of Bachelor or Master studies in Business, Digital Marketing, or eCommerce
- Enrolled in University/College for the complete duration of the internship (6 months)
- Applied to EU citizens only due to work permit regulations
Internship start date
1 Feb 2020
Please note relocation is not offered for internships
Next recruitment step
WePow pre-recorded video interview
Please expect a response within 3 weeks as of application date