At adidas, our core belief is that through sport, we have the power to change lives. Through our Retail stores, we have the opportunity every day to bring that idea to life, by delivering unequalled experiences that resonate with our consumers. Our field leaders apply their knowledge, skills and experience to provide clear direction to their store teams, support them fully, and ensure that every aspect of our in-store experience will connect, engage and inspire each person who passes through our doors, while contributing profitably to the Canadian market.
As District Manager – Key City Toronto, you will be responsible for influencing and executing the adidas Canada strategy of winning in Toronto. You will lead and focus your team on our strategic goals, and aid them in translating those aims into tactical plans; you will ensure that each store is meeting the foundational standards of our brand, striking the balance between Good and Great execution according to the role their store plays in the District; you will guide the delivery of both brand and commercial moments to peak impact on the consumer; and you will ensure that every moment with our consumers matters, through a relentless focus on authentic service excellence.
As the leader of our front-line employees in our focus market, you will also act as a voice of the customer, sharing insights on the behavior of the target consumers, the success of our products and campaigns, and lessons learned to improve our go-to-market approach in the future. You will establish a leadership position in collecting and responding to consumer NPS feedback, setting the standard for Canadian retail, and acting as a facilitator and mentor to everyone in adidas Canada as they practice their consumer obsession.
Finally, you will drive the performance culture of the district, through continual training and development of the 250+ employees under your care, celebrating their successes, acting on their feedback, and promoting the exemplary talents as they emerge. Through clear, shared objectives, you will help to progress a network of 8 discrete stores into a single, agile retail ecosystem that will drive the strategic growth of the Canadian market.
- You are a creative, confident and collaborative owner of your business, with a clear vision of the role that Key City Toronto stores play in the market.
- You are a humble, service-oriented leader who can harness the potential of their team to win consumers and earn fans of our brands for life.
- You are a nimble, resourceful operator who can translate strategic direction into tactical plans that result in coherent, impactful consumer experiences.
- You are an influential example of the adidas Brand Belief & Values in every choice you make with your partners, your teams and your consumers.
- You are an open and self-aware role model, who values the feedback that leads you to learning opportunities to improve yourself.
You generate sales & profit
- You understand retail KPIs and how they shape Profit & Loss Statements, generating insight from them to diagnose store opportunities and then effectively address them.
- You recognize and understand the decisions, processes and touchpoints that influence sales conversion, and review them continuously with your team to improve performance
- You allocate resources flexibly and profitably, to support each store in achieving the correct balance of Good to Great across the 4 Ps of People, Process, Presentation and Premises.
You lead a service culture
- You set the example for service leadership through your management team’s presence on the sales floor, to drive a consumer-obsessed culture and corresponding store performance.
- You focus your store leaders on your consumers’ needs and expectations through the choices made by your leadership team, and their ability to train, coach and nurture talent.
- You continually assess your leadership team’s ability to deliver exemplary service, measured by the direction they give, the accountability they bring, and the confidence of their performance management.
You execute flawlessly
- You ensure the mastery of adidas omni-channel operations standards, policies and procedures within your teams, and build the expertise among your leaders to continually elevate the skills of their teams and peers.
- You drive to full adoption of the processes and tools that drive performance throughout your District, breeding a culture of continuous improvement within your stores and spreading proven ideas throughout.
- You continually seek out opportunities for efficiency, surfacing examples of waste and advocating on behalf of your stores to solution providers and business partners.
You deliver brand & product experiences
- You equip your team with the knowledge, training and tools required to Connect, Engage and Inspire the consumer through our brand stories and products.
- You ensure that our Brands can connect 1:1 with our consumers through the communities, technologies and experiences that we create.
- You understand the role of Key City Toronto in both the overall Canadian Brand strategy for adidas, but also the end-to-end experience of the adidas consumer, across all channels and touchpoints, and take ownership of their satisfaction at every opportunity.
You build, coach and develop your team
- You continuously seek out new opportunities for your existing team to build their individual power to contribute, while at the same time actively recruit to bring new skills & experience into your store.
- You foster a collaborative environment by establishing clear shared goals, involving others in the decision-making process and building productive relationships.
- You nurture an environment of confidence by acting with integrity, setting high expectations and enabling a learn and growth culture.
- You embody creativity through the combination of seeking the new and turning ideas into action.
- You employ a combination of 90-day planning and aspirational goal-setting to maximize your team’s individual and collective development, driving the business while growing the people.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess and consistently exhibit the competencies relative to the position.
- Proficient retail knowledge – operational and selling skills.
- Retail business management skills (fiscal and operational).
- Proficient skills in coaching and talent management.
- Ability to prioritize and allocate resources effectively.
- Well developed ability to read, write, comprehend, and speak (conversational) English.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of employees, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through multiple lines of communication.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ability to quickly learn new systems (e.g. POS systems, web-portals, etc.).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, talk, and listen. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands, fingers, and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 12 kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 34 kg.
- Ability to work a varied schedule including weekends, evenings and statutory holidays. Also able to work extra hours during peak sales periods which include, but are not limited to, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, and Back-to-School.
- Understanding of all pertinent government legislation applicable to retail establishments.
- Excellent command of the English language required and French language considered an asset (required for Quebec stores).
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- College or University degree, ideally with commerce, marketing or sales focus; or equivalent professional experience
- 4-6+ years’ industry and / or relevant work experience.
- Experienced leader of people in a complex working environment.
- Proven ability to develop, communicate, drive, and execute strategies.
- Fluent written and spoken English language skills, French is a plus.
adidas is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities, and will accommodate applicants’ needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If selected to participate in an interview, accommodations will be made available on request. Please inform the Recruiter of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.