Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization
The Director Transport & Logistics – is responsible for the transportation requirement management within Transport & Logistics on a global scale with the overall objective to achieve and secure the agreed service and cost levels while keeping a high level of responsiveness and flexibility to the adidas Group Market organizations.
- Lead assigned regions and markets to ensure local requirements are reflected and safeguarded in the daily business and its logistics channels.
- Identify process requirements of the markets / regions and service deliverables from an operations and IT perspective, with the overall objective to create operational efficiency and a harmonized global standard.
- Ensure that processes and procedures are documented into SOPs and executed by our LSP's.
- Lead the implementation of new transportation solutions for the market’s supply chain and commercial organizations while supporting the needs of the business.
- Oversee the execution of the transportation processes end to end across all modes of transport including resolution of issues related to transportation planning and execution.
- Provide expertise for a standardized and successful integration of Logistics Service Provider into the adidas Group's system landscape in order to deliver meaningful data points within our supply chain.
- Oversee the standardization, alignment and constant re-assessment of global transport requirements on vendor portfolio, operational processes and connectivity / data processes.
- Deliver opportunities for cost reductions and service level improvements including opportunities to support business growth and drive for implementation.
- Responsible for establishing agreed logistics processes and KPIs.
- Lead regular business review meetings with LSPs for all inbound transport modes.
- Support the 3PL & Strategy Team with supply chain projects from an operations and process point of view.
- Manage market developments/trends and business risks for the respective modes of transport by steering relevant solution modifications.
- Provide Transport Operations input for IT business cases & blueprints within GOPS.
- Build the appropriate structure to be able to manage the respective organization effectively, identify and develop the future talents and create realistic succession scenarios for key positions.
- Ensure appropriate leadership skills are present at every level through creating a motivational and supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development.
- Allocate the different topics and work streams to the respective teams and employees considering experience, complexity, workload and organizational efficiency.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate team workload and organizational efficiency with the support of systems, data and analysis and team feedback and make appropriate changes in order to meet business needs.
- Provide team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and Legal objectives.
Knowledge, Capabilities and Experience
- Team player, high degree of self-management, enthusiasm, drives to perform. Self-starter, ability to work and build cooperation in a multinational team / matrix organization, very strong in negotiation and finding compromise.
- Strong record of successfully applying problem solving and project management skills & tools including good planning and organization skills.
- Understanding of the bigger picture and end-to-end supply chain with the focus on systems.
- Ability to work and deliver in changing environments, under very limited guidance while adhering to specified deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, to interact effectively and efficiently on different layers of the organization.
- Extensive knowledge of the Ocean, Air and Land transports especially in the inbound trade. Experience of applying this knowledge to translate the requirements for integrating of LLP into supply chain systems to gain end-to-end visibility.
- Negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups, can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships.
- TQM: Is dedicated to providing the highest quality products and services which meet the needs and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Open to travel as required by the business.
- A 4-year degree from an accredited college or university with emphasis on the areas of business, economics, logistics, planning, supply chain, information systems, or operations; MBA is a plus
- Experience in multi-national transportation logistics and project management amid the drive and energy to implement change
- 10+ years work experience, ideally in an apparel/fashion supply chain management or a fast moving logistics environment, particularly related to supplier/contract, project and supply chain management including an overall logistics responsibility.
- Fluent English (written and spoken) and other relevant languages (e.g. German), if required