- As a Director Membership Capabilities at adidas Digital China Hub you are responsible for the quality and strategic impact of all initiatives to deliver membership program capabilities. Together with your product owners and agile teams, you work on continuously improving and evolving the membership product area, maximizing the value for the customer and the company.
- Partnering with IT and local china teams to define a robust product landscape, managing capability expansion increments and leading the teams towards definition of new functionalities & best practices are a few examples of the activities that will be expected from this role. Additionally, you will be key expert on all membership solutions in the china market and using that knowledge to support and enable the local business team to drive incremental revenue out of delivering digital experiences.
- We believe in the benefits of working with an agile mindset, in an agile product team setup that fosters confidence, creativity and collaboration. That way we continuously deliver value in increments and move fast. Our cross-functional product teams are organized in product areas which form a digital domain – in this case Consumer Engagement.
- Scope: Accountable for a wide range of products (>1m € budget)
- Membership capabilities Strategy & Delivery
- Be accountable for the success of the product area considering the value for the consumer and the company (ROI).
- Define the mid to long-term vision and roadmap of the product area considering the value for the consumer and the company as well as its role and impact on the China digital ecosystem.
- Be accountable for product delivery in line with the roadmap and committed delivery dates.
- Identify and solve dependencies within and beyond your product area to ensure efficient delivery.
- Stakeholder Management
- Represent the business for the product area, fostering strong relationships with key global & local stakeholders to ensure that their views and requirements are captured in the product backlogs.
- Act as the ambassador for your product area, showcasing the key functionalities, driving product adoption and assuring operational excellence together with IT peers.
- Manage relationships outside the product area efficiently to ensure that the product teams can work autonomously.
- Backlog Management
- Drive the evolution of the product area backlogs in collaboration with the product owners.
- Coach the product owners in your area to ensure that the product teams are delivering the right enhancements to drive consumer and business value.
- Influence backlog priorities in the own product area.
- Influence dependent product backlogs from other product areas.
- Be accountable for monitoring, optimization and enhancement of the configuration, features and functionalities related to the product area.
- Ensure that objective data sources and feedback are used for the optimization of the product area.
- People Management
- Build the appropriate structure to be able to manage the respective organization effectively, identify and develop the future talents and create realistic succession scenarios for key positions.
- Ensure appropriate leadership skills are present at every level by creating a motivational and supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate team workload and organizational efficiency with the support of data and team feedback and make appropriate changes in order to meet business needs.
- Provide team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and local market’s objectives.
- Local China business / IT teams
- Global and Local Market teams
- Global IT and Global Operations
- Global Digital and Brand organizations
- Global and Local Sales organizations
- Group functions
- External vendors
- Education & Experience
- Ideally master degree in business administration or comparable degree
- 10+ years of professional experience in multi-national business environment (thereof 5+ year experience in a Digital and/or eCommerce environment)
- Experience in working with stakeholders and experts at various organizational levels
- Experience in creating strong internal business cases to support investment and internal resource requests
- Experience as a Product Owner in multiple product areas or domains
- 2+ years of experience in leading a team
- Distinctive strategic mindset and ability to prioritize and delegate high numbers of tasks with varying workload and importance
- Ability to handle ambiguity and untangle complex situations into actionable activities
- High resilience and solution oriented attitude
- Very good leadership skills
- In-depth membership or loyalty program domain knowledge
- Expert knowledge of Agile working methods e.g. Scrum/Kanban
- Comfortable working with enterprise-level platforms and technologies
- In-depth understanding of digital IT products and capabilities
- Fluent English and Chinese, both verbally and written
- Familiarity with Alibaba Ecosystem and Tencent Ecosystem
- Familiarity with upcoming Chinese Ecosystems and Platforms such as Tik Tok (Douyin)