LEAN Mission Statement:
- At adidas we are committed to live the LEAN philosophy and to apply LEAN principles to our daily operation – maximizing customer value while minimizing waste and continuously improving our way of working.
- This position will facilitate the implementation of the LEAN Management philosophy at in support of goals and objectives. The Regional LEAN Manager will coordinate and ensure a standardized roll out of LEAN initiatives. He/She monitors regional progress and regularly updates the regional senior management about progress of LEAN principles in coordination with the Global Lean Manager. The Regional LEAN Manager will evaluate improvement opportunities and the resources necessary to accomplish planned improvements. He/She orchestrates the local LEAN Ambassadors who lead, coach, and mentor multiple improvement teams within the DC to affect rapid change.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Drives execution of global LEAN strategy
- Roll out and monitoring of LEAN toolkit across the NAM, respecting cultural fit
- Reports to the Global Lean Manager to align on standardized LEAN implementation
- Single point of contact (SPOC) for all LEAN related topics for the Senior Management within his/her region
- Key support for the business to achieve its goals and objectives. Improvement projects are likely to focus on the cost competitiveness, product availability and lead-time reduction
- Coordinate training, coaching and mentoring in LEAN concepts and techniques
- Employ leadership and project management skills to ensure projects are completed on time and meet the objectives in the charter.
- Function as a change agent. Continuously challenge the way things are done. Promote creativity and out of the box thinking.
- Regularly conduct internal Lean audits on a regional level
- Develop and manage external as well as internal benchmarking partnerships to ensure a regular exchange of best practices in order to get additional ideas for improvements
- Functional SCM Head NAM
- Global Lean Manager
- NAM Warehouse Operations Management
- NAM Supply Chain Operations Management
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 5 years experience in applying LEAN concepts
- Minimum 5 years experience in leadership and managing remote teams
- Strong communication, facilitation and presentation skills to all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated statistical and analytical problem solving skills
- Computer skills: MS Office suite, MS Project, MS Visio
- Fluent in English and local language, third language is a plus
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related degree, specialized knowledge in Supply Chain Management is a plus
- Experience working in logistics or in manufacturing operations
- Education as a certified Regional LEAN Manager or Six Sigma Green Belt preferred