Purpose: The Director Distribution Operations is a senior leader in the adidas North American Supply Chain organization responsible for one of the Spartanburg, SC Distribution Centers (Footwear or Apparel). He or she will have 24/7 ownership of all Distribution Center operations and associated business results. This position offers an opportunity to make a significant impact on adidas’ Wholesale, Retail, and e-Commerce channels. We are looking for a smart, analytical, and innovative leader who can drive sustainable improvement in these areas to support rapid growth as well as our long-term business strategy. The Director Distribution will work to continuously optimize our end-to- end supply chain by engaging with various stakeholders to improve operational metrics, refine processes, and remove waste from operations.
A successful candidate possesses superb business judgment, supply chain experience, and strong skills in working collaboratively and cross-functionally. The candidate must also possess a proven track record of delivering results in a Lean / Continuous Improvement environment. He or she will have strong analytical capabilities, including experience handling large and complex data sets. This individual will be a strong people manager with the ability to effectively manage multiple layers of management across a 24/7 operation. The position requires an individual who can work both autonomously and collaboratively in a demanding and often ambiguous environment with strong attention to detail and effective prioritization.
- Manage all Distribution Center operations and be accountable for achieving all balanced scorecard metrics (safety, quality, service, cost, cash, people).
- Foster a culture of engagement and bias for action at all levels of the organization.
- Develop annual strategy deployment plans and key performance indicator (KPI) targets linked to adidas 3-5 year business objectives
- Drive cross-functional strategic initiatives to continuously improve customer service and compliance to customer expectations.
- Hire, train, and manage Distribution Center management team and associates.
- Manage development of standard documentation and training / qualification to appropriate skill matrices.
- Manage all external-facing documentation and messaging including periodic distribution of operational metrics.
- Manage collection, reporting and feedback regarding inventory transactions using SAP, Excel queries and WMS reporting.
- Assist in development and manage annual budget for direct labor and overhead of $10M+.
- Maintain full working knowledge of the Distribution Center systems / platforms; Provide guidance and support to the operations and IT staff as needed.
- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders across the adidas supply chain network and other functional areas.
- Interface with Distribution Directors, Transportation, Finance, FTZ/Customs, HR and Distribution Supervisors, Managers, and Associates.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Experience leading high-volume, fast paced operations with direct ownership of end user consumer experience.
- Experience in Lean / World Class Manufacturing principles and tools.
- Interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, with ability to effectively and efficiently interact with various levels of the organization.
- Ability to bridge strategic, tactical and operational business concepts by applying an end-to-end Global mindset.
- Ability to accept and meet critical deadlines with good planning and organization skills.
- Excellent project management and process management skills.
- Excellent analytical and data manipulation skills. Proficient use of Microsoft office applications (Prefer Advanced Excel skills).
- Excellent people management skills
- Position requires extensive walking and standing on hard surfaces.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree and seven or more years of related industry experience.
- Minimum five years of experience managing staff of at least five direct reports with responsibility for multi-million dollar budget.
- Extensive experience with managing complex Distribution Center or Manufacturing operations and leading process improvement projects