As a Director Data Governance at adidas Digital Brand Commerce (DBC) you shape the management of all collected and connected consumer data. In this context, you strive for the seamless integration of all gathered information. You drive the evolution of our consumer data assets by co-defining strategies for data accessibility, quality management, accuracy, security, consistency and availability. You oversee analyses to help improve the overall data quality.
Scope:Accountable for the management and holistic evolution of a broad scope of the data ecosystem
- Drive management of entirety of collected and connected consumer data, including profile data (CDNA), clickstream, social, traffic, ratings & reviews, qualitative feedback, mobile app and wearables, etc.
- Implement improvements on data governance processes.
- Define strategies within the assigned scope for data accessibility, quality management, accuracy, consistency, usability, security, and availability to the organization and partners.
- Evolve definition of the consumer-centric data flows and interfaces to the digital data hub and enterprise data lake, with the goal to create a seamless integration of all gathered information.
- Ensure accessibility to data sets for ad hoc analysis, and to governed, operational data for use cases.
- Drive data governance projects within the assigned scope.
Data Architecture & Repository
- Drive usage of appropriate tools, including logical models of components and interfaces, to contribute to the development of systems architectures in specific business or functional areas.
- Develop and maintain knowledge across data collection, data feeds, data transformation, data quality and reporting.
- Drive and evolve best practice in the development of database concepts, modelling techniques, and data architectures, in order to keep up with the latest trends and innovations in the field of data governance.
Data Analysis, Policy & Compliance
- Derive and document meaningful insights across data collection, data feeds & transformation and data quality and reporting within the assigned scope.
- Regularly present data analysis findings to stakeholders and peers.
- Implement legal compliance requirements into the existing data structure, processes and work flows.
- Lead specific privacy analysis assessments based on specialist knowledge.
- Coach stakeholders using real situations on their role in handling data and alternative approaches.
- Design formal training curriculum for small groups.
- Create a supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate team workload and organizational efficiency with the support of data and team feedback and make appropriate changes in order to meet business needs.
- Provide team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and DBC objectives.
- DBC Senior Management Team (SMT)
- DBC Product Domain leads
- DBC Digital IT Domain leads
- DBC Domain Owners
- Master Data Management Strategy
- Analytics & Data Science team
Education & Professional Experience
- University degree in the field of Business, Technology and/or Engineering
- 10+ years of professional experience in multi-national business environment
- 5+ years of experience in a Digital and/or eCommerce environment, advanced knowledge of the digital industry (products, technologies, solution providers, commercial models, trends)
- Advanced understanding data governance processes in a consumer-facing environment
- Experience in a strategy function or consulting is a plus
- Experience in managing a team is a plus
- Strategic mindset with strong proactive, executional abilities
- Business minded with strong technical background
- Ability to cope well with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Very good communication skills, comfortable presenting complex topics to stakeholders at various organizational levels both in person and remotely
- Very good interpersonal skills
- Ability to efficiently work in a cross-functional organization, ability to develop collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders from digital and non-digital disciplines on all levels.
- Advanced understanding of enterprise data management solutions
- Advanced understanding of statistical methods and tools
- Fluent English both verbally and written