- Set strategic direction for costing to ensure the optimization of supply base allocation to maintain cost competitiveness and guide product creation to offer best possible value to the consumer.
- Lead the divisional global costing team and ensure overall governance of costing.
- Profitability: Maximize business unit margin expectations through key levers such as product & production engineering; labor cost and material optimization with the aim to deliver product value to the consumer.
- Sourcing Strategy: Influence sourcing strategy through modelling future costs whilst taking macro-economic trends and end-2-end profitability into consideration to guide decisions on future location and structure of supply base.
- Cost mitigation: Establish and continuously update industry leading costing frameworks, standards and tools that enable transparent, factbased costing to ensure that cost mitigation is captured through optimized frameworks.
- Negotiation: Lead the negotiation meetings with all strategic suppliers to ensure cost optimization through a fair and transparent approach.
- Process & Systems: Continually evaluating and implementing relevant systems, processes and procedures to enhance performance and realize time-to-market advantages, product quality and cost efficiency.
- Governance: Ensure that all costing frameworks, standards and processes are aligned and consistently applied throughout the global costing organization and supply base.
- Trends: Monitor macro-economic trends and drivers in existing and possible new sourcing countries whilst also understanding market dynamics to proactively react to the dynamic cost environment.
- Analytics: Provide costing leadership with insights on cost driver developments and supplier competitiveness using systematic costing and benchmarking methods .
- Knowledge: Share costing objectives and provide functional costing direction to increase costing knowledge throughout the organization.
- Team: Build, develop and motivate through strong leadership the global costing team and ensure the best standards of performance. Identify and develop talent to ensure appropriate skill sets and strong succession plans are in place.
- Marketing & Design
- BU Development POPS
- Sourcing Operations
- Creation Functions POPS
- Advanced Operations POPS
- Brand Finance
- Senior Management Business Supplier Groups
- Strategy & Projects
- Business Solutions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good understanding of sporting goods and related industries
- Strong communication skills and ability to manage diverse stakeholder group
- Strong negotiation skills and understanding of product cost drivers
- Strong leadership skills in multi-national environment: strategic and visionary thinking, result-oriented, coaching mindset
- Strong ability to manage large scale and complex projects
- Strong business sense and analytical skills
- Basic knowledge across multiple area of sourcing (i.e. LEAN, 6 Sigma principles, Quality, Sustainability, Product Creation, Manufacturing processes, Mfg. technologies)
- International, cross-functional and intercultural experience
- Good knowledge of standard Software applications (Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Fluent English
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- University degree and/or 10 years of relevant business experience
- Min 10 years of relevant business experience with min of 5 years at managerial level
- Must have min 3 years of relevant experience (i.e. exposure to Supply Chain environment)
- Ideally 2-3 year International or Headquarter work experience
- Must have 2-3 year cross-functional experience
- Willing to travel frequent abroad