Lead and establish team and seasonal direction of the respective Category given by the Senior Design Director. Maintain and nurture the design, material and color direction with the Design team, Development, Marketing and the consumer.
- Develop the seasonal Direction of the Category according to market trends as well as overall Design Direction and ensure consistency though products and ranges
- Be at a global forefront of design trends and innovation as well as their application
- Steer and drive the conceptualization process within of the category
- Manage a team toward Category’s objectives and implement process changes
- Steer and coach team members and their creative processes and drive development of direct reports.
- Inspire and motivate teams to pursue cutting edge ideas that are innovative and original in the market, by researching functional criteria for product and product concepts and outlining area of innovation
- Ensure the correct execution of Corporate Identity guidelines and against legal restrictions within the category.
- Verbally present category strategies with clarity and expertise.
- Disseminate Design Strategy into category and x-functional teams
- Create professional level presentations of ideas; from loose sketch to detailed renderings to Digital Presentation
- Ensure efficient processes and communication between external and internal teams
- Team members
- External partners
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Profound knowledge of fashion product and fashion design/industrial product or industrial design
- Innovative and collaborative leader and coach
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong influencing skills
- High level of initiative & madurity
- Ability to inspire, think creatively and strategically as well as to act tactically
- Problem solving attitude & can-do personality
- Knowledge and use of Macintosh computer design software/systems (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Bachelor degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in a relevant Design subject or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 8 years practical experience in a relevant area
- Minimum of 3 years of management including team leadership