Manage the product development process by supporting the respective Business Unit(s) and directly interact with Tier 1 supply partners and LO’s. Provide an effective transition of designs from prototyping into production. Handle development projects of lower complexity levels with the guidance and support of the Team Leader Development and/or other Managers Development in the team.
- Take ownership for the entire development process for assigned products, with an emphasis on quality product development and timely completion of all tasks in accordance with the applicable operating calendar.
- Engineer workable prototypes which address desired function, cosmetics, market appeal and manufacturability and meet adidas quality standards.
- Collaborate and interact directly with dedicated development teams at our Tier 1 partners under the guidance of your manager to ensure that all critical deliverables for key development milestones are met, specifically OTIF provision of high quality development prototypes.
- Ensure that new projects are engineered to cost targets.
- Communicate all necessary information/coordinate all tasks that support on time Color Way Activation for all assigned projects.
- Support the inception of lower complex designs, components, processes, materials and concepts into a manufacturable and marketable finished product.
- Ensure that all materials, processes and development samples are fully tested to ensure adherence to adidas quality standards.
- With guidance from your line manager and peers, you monitor and guide the creation of Bill of Material information at Tier 1 according to established guidelines and calendar milestones.
- Own full accountability for the accuracy of Bill of material information at key development milestones.
- With guidance from your line manager and peers, you assume basic costing responsibilities as laid out in the project manager job description, in particular for pre-dictive costing and pre-costing, you participate in costing meetings driven by your line manager or peers, you contribute to the creation of seasonal costing recaps for projects assigned to you.
- Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with key partners as listed below, managing designated projects to ensure an on time color way activation performance.
Knowledge, Capabilties and Experience
- Ability to understand 2D images in 3D.
- Ability to create, plan and deliver presentations.
- Fluent English; German an advantage.
- MS office skills.
- Four-year college or university degree.
- Exposure to the latest in materials, components, processes, and concepts.
- 1 year related work experience in the athletic industry preferred, specializing in product development, design and / or marketing.