Graphic Designer II, Running Specialized apparel. This role is part of the larger Specialized apparel design team with a primary focus on the Running category. Main responsibilities include researching trends, ideation of new concepts and creating compelling seasonal graphics that support the line and Reebok brand direction.
- Through graphic application translate fashion, streetwear and cultural trends to the Running performance apparel lines.
- Accurately depict hand-drawn sketches, graphic applications, and ideas as digitally rendered line art, technical drawings, and other required art / illustrations
- Partner with apparel designers to co-create concept boards that communicate seasonal direction and design theme application to product line
- Keep up to date on industry factors that can affect products, such as material, technology, and consumer feedback and insight
- Assess potential cost / margin impact of graphics, treatments, technology, and construction choices
- Apply knowledge of production techniques to achieve desired graphic look and application to apparel- examples include repeat patterns, screen-printed graphics, placed graphics, burn-outs, etc
- Attend formal and informal meetings to gain insight on the apparel industry, market, consumer, and competition.
- Understand and fulfill product briefs- including cost, margin, and pricing requirements
- Provide and receive constructive feedback.
- Keep track of and meet multiple deadlines.
Qualifications (Minimum required education and experience):
- 5+ years of design experience- knowledge of the performance apparel industry a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe suite programs and Microsoft office tools
- Advanced experience with designing and executing all- over fabric prints
- Strong knowledge of screen-printing applications and techniques
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or other relevant field.