Lead and mentor one of the footwear design teams responsible for two major franchises around the direction co-created with the Senior Design Director. Maintain a close relationship with cross functional partners while nuturing the design process.
- Help to build the creative direction and storyline for each footwear franchise by putting the consumer at the begining.
- Be able to combine both highly functional performance criteria into culturally relevant new aesthetics.
- Steer and drive the conceptualization and execution processes through all major milestones.
- Manage a team toward Category’s objectives and implement process changes
- Steer and coach team members and their creative processes and drive development of direct reports.
- Inspire and motivate teams to pursue cutting edge ideas that are innovative and original in the market, by researching functional criteria for product and product concepts and outlining area of innovation
- Maintain relationships with CTC and Comms teams to connect the storytelling end-to-end
- Spokesperson at pre-lines and product launches to external audience
- Ensure the correct execution of Corporate Identity guidelines and against legal restrictions within the category.
- Verbally present category strategies with clarity and expertise.
- Disseminate Design Strategy into category and x-functional teams
- Create professional level presentations of ideas; from loose sketch to detailed renderings to Digital Presentation
- Ensure efficient processes and communication between external and internal teams
Knowledge, Capabilities and Experience
- Profound knowledge of fashion product and fashion design/industrial product or industrial design
- Innovative and collaborative leader and coach
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong influencing skills
- High level of initiative & madurity
- Ability to inspire, think creatively and strategically as well as to act tactically
- Problem solving attitude & can-do personality
- Knowledge and use of Macintosh computer design software/systems (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Bachelor degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in a relevant Design subject or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 8 years practical experience in a relevant area
- Minimum of 3 years of management including team leadership