Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organisation:
It is our Departmental vision to implement and maintain a set of world class financial applications in order to secure our group-internal financial standards and to support and ensure high quality financial reporting and management processes at all levels of management throughout the entire adidas-Group.
Financial Master Data objects (e.g. Profit Center, Cost Center, Internal Order) in the SAP Controlling module are the foundation for internal and external financial reporting of the adidas Group. The Financial Structures team provides the governance and maintenance of those objects following the Group Reporting requirements in all relevant SAP FI/CO Systems (e.g. PEU, PGR) which enables and supports financial analysis and decision making. Relevant SAP CO specific month-end reporting tasks for the objects are governed for all SAP companies and for FSS companies also executed. Further the respective processes to manage & maintain the objects are owned and constantly reviewed to ensure efficient processing of requests.
This position will contribute to a timely and complete set up of requested master data of a high volume of standard requests for financial master data for all SAP AFS companies (>100) and supports more complex requests by preparing, creating and maintaining master data.
- Provide support with the request process related to SAP FI/CO master data (e.g. ProfitCenter, CostCenter and others) handling a wide range of advanced and complex master data requests (e.g. new implementation of Companies or Reporting Units, move of functions to new Profit Centers, development and setup of new concepts in the master data area). The requests are to be worked on based on general instructions with a freedom to choose the sequence, tasks and method to achieve the respective result.
- Perform master data maintenance in the SAP FI/CO module in various SAP systems (Global Client, SAP Retail, Development Systems, Acceptance Systems and Productive Systems, BI Foundation for GRS) by own judgment or align with/under guidance from superior or more experienced team members where needed.
- Work with diverse workflow systems, e.g. Bizagi, Transaction Shuttle
- Provide Month-End support for all FSS countries for Co- related month-end tasks such as Allocations, Distributions, Periodic Repostings, Accruals and Settlements.
- Ensure the quality of maintained master data by conducting proactive checks (e.g. SAP FI/CO table analysis, Group Reporting System error log analysis) and in case of errors caused by wrong master data setup take accountability for the correction of the master data.
- Provide support for master data related queries and explain procedures and processes to the end users.
- Keep desktop procedures and user documentation updated based on input of the superior or on own experience and knowledge and in agreement with the superior.
- Support the superior in creating new documentation or by preparing presentations with moderate complexity.
- Controller in the Market and in Group or Brand Functions
- FSS and local Accounting Teams
- Global IT
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient English language
- Affinity for systems
- Advanced excel knowledge
- Analytical mindset
- Ability to combine theoretical and practical knowledge in SAP FI/CO
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- University degree or Vocational Training with minimum of 2 years’ experience required