- Assist Material Manager to maximize material supply excellence and competitiveness through communication with Tier 2 vendors
- Monitor SCP (Supplier Certification Program) performance for T2 suppliers.
- Communicate adidas policies and procedures to T2 suppliers to create VAP (Vendor approval process/ New T2 release processing.
- Manage the color process with T2- color rings.
- Sustainability program implementation with the T2.
- Support the Material Expert functions under LO responsibility.
- Build effective communication between adidas sourcing, Tier 1, and Tier 2 suppliers and lead supply chain initiatives to optimize material sourcing regarding material deliveries, qualities and services.
- Finding and developing new innovative products/ processing in local.
- Collaborate with HQ, and LO teams to identify material directions with suppliers to develop innovative new materials that bring value to our consumers.
- Lead implementation of seasonal VMI programs with T2 partners.
- Ensure that new suppliers are released following MSMOG (Material Supplier Master Operating Guidelines) guidelines and that constants updates of standards (A01: policy for control and monitoring of hazardous substances, NDA: non-disclosure Agreement, SoE: Standards of Engagement, etc) are provided to all T2s.
- Monitoring forecast information on time and accurately. T1/T 2 connectivity and supplier’s capacity in order to ensure that materials are delivered timely.
- Coordinate innovation material development projects across LO.
- Coordinate critical material delivery issues- capacity management.
- Lead the central development coordination of material localization.
- Collaborate on SPC program by collecting reliable data from all factories. Evaluate SCP from T1 perspective to identify improvement opportunities.
- Organization of seasonal vendor fair and vendor meetings.
- Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) from four-year College or university, prefer study of polymer chemistry, textile engineering, or other material-related field.
- Minimum 4 years footwear materials related experience (especially leather, textile, or polymer) and/or an equivalent combination of education or experience.
- Understanding of technical and functional footwear processes.