Drive the development process from receipt of tech pack to production delivery for assigned products, with an emphasis on quality product engineering and timely completion of all tasks, including sampling and buy ready in accordance with the operating calendars.
- Collaborate closely with the various stakeholders - Creation Centres, T1, T2, and various other parties - to drive the development, production and shipment of product.
- Manage the feasibility, completeness and clarity of AD’s by liaising closely with creation centres. Review the AD’s with T1 in the context of intended use of product, cost expectations, materials specs, manufacturability, etc. Feedback T1 input to creation centres as appropriate.
- Lead the development process ensuring workable prototypes are created which address desired function, cosmetics, cost, market appeal and manufacturability, including checking for quality, size, fit and adherence to standards providing options and recommendations to make improvements in the sample process.
- Review, analyze and validate T1 costing information throughout the entire creation process. Ensure compliance to agreed standards. Negotiate with T1 as needed.
- Ensure that all development samples, size sets, pre-sell and SMS are produced accurately, and are shipped on time.
- Work collaboratively with other LO functions - materials, production, costing and technical services teams etc to ensure an on time buy ready/commercialization performance.
- Drive for effective problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Ensure timely resolution of production issues working collaboratively with materials, production, costing and technical services teams etc. in order to reach quality and deliver objectives.
- Ensure accurate and timely updates of the data management systems where applicable.
- Manage team and actively coach and develop them to ensure performance excellence and developmental growth.
- Brand Operations
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to coach, mentor, manage and develop direct reports, as well as act as an advocate to internal and external teams.
- Advanced knowledge of production garment construction and manufacturing
- Strong knowledge of material construction, trims and related testing
- Ability to fit a garment and comment to T1 on changes required.
- Strong knowledge of costing
- Advanced negotiating and influencing skills
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Advanced ability to work with Product Data Management Systems and basic MS Office skills
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- College or university degree
- 5 years of related work experience in the apparel industry in a technical capacity