- Assist Designer in all creation phases; from mock-up to sample construction and assembly.
- Maintain all chemical materials and supplies needed for creation of footwear samples
- Cut and stitch uppers for prototypes samples shoes according to the specifications provided by Design and Pattern Engineers.
- Provide support to Product Creation Designers and other departments within the BU.
- Stitch samples with a high degree of accuracy ensuring upper fits correctly.
- Create and organize the constructions of 2D/3D models and patterns to be used for Design innovation.
- Provide Designer with complete range of technical product data for both uppers and bottoms.
- Collaborate with development to enable them to execute product demands.
- Maintain internal record to keep track of all constructions during the design phase
- Footwear Development
- Footwear Design and Marketing
- Key external stakeholders within the BU
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of shoemaking process required.
- Expert sewing skills and model making with emphasis on accuracy, quality and fit considerations
- Ability to identify design issues and offer solutions to improve functionality and manufacturability of product.
- Ability to hand cut leather/ fabrics using an x-acto knife
- Ability to work with solvents, cements
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as patterns, sketches or drawings, operating manuals, and maintenance instructions.
- Ability to work independently under a deadline on several projects simultaneously with minimal input.
- Ability to problem solve and trouble shoot errors with mechanical equipment
- Ability to work in a shop environment and be comfortable working with industrial sewing machinery
- Ability to write routine correspondence and speak effectively for presentations before small groups of key BU stakeholders.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- 3 -5 years work experience in related footwear/apparel industry using commercial sewing equipment