Work in processing areas within the Distribution Centre to receive, put-away, pick, complete value-added services, pack and ship product for our own retail stores, e-Commerce consumers and wholesale customers. Assist the department supervisor to ensure warehouse associates in the department are trained to work safely and effectively and to complete required administrative tasks.
Key Responsibilities (Functional):
- Ensure you thoroughly read and understand all company health and safety policies.
- At all times follow said health and safety policies, procedures and instructions to ensure that you are always working in a safe manner.
- Understand and follow standard operating procedures (SOP’s) as they are provided to you.
- Work effectively as part of a team within a department to execute the physical handling of product required to complete the processing requirements of the department; including lifting and moving cartons up to 40 lbs in weight and handling individual products through a variety of activities such as picking, scanning, adding price ticketing and packing into cartons.
- Utilize warehouse tools, including radio frequency hand held units (“RF Guns”) and computer kiosks, to update transactions within the warehouse management system (WMS) and log your activities in the labour management (LM) module.
- Accept and follow direction from Managers and Supervisors.
- Work cooperatively with other Warehouse Associates to undertake tasks that require teamwork to complete properly.
- At all times refrain from inappropriate language and any other behaviours that violate the company’s code of conduct or violence and harassment policy and negatively impact the positive and enthusiastic environment we strive to create.
- Follow all company policies and directives regarding when to report conditions, behaviours or activities.
- In addition to the Warehouse Associate accountabilities listed above, Lead Hands have the following other accountabilities:
- As directed by the department Supervisor, train other employees in the job functions and SOP’s required in the department.
- Be available as a resource to other employees in the department to answer questions about SOP’s and/or customer requirements.
- Complete administrative tasks to assist the department Supervisor to track, record and document as required.
Key Relationships (Internal):
- DC Managers, Supervisors, & Coordinators, Human Resources
Key Relationships (External):
- DC Customers
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment and complete the manual handling of cartons and physical manipulation of individual product.
- Must be fully literate in the English language, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work cooperatively within a large group of co-workers.
- Positive and enthusiastic approach to coming to work each day.
- In addition to the warehouse associate skills listed above, Lead Hands require the following other skills:
- Strong knowledge of DC operations, including storage methods and material flow.
- Excel, Outlook, Word and working knowledge of WMS principles.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a distribution centre.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent skills obtained through previous work and/or life experience.
The schedule for the shifts are as follows:
- Shift 1 – Monday – Thursday (6:00 am – 4:30 pm)
- Shift 2 – Monday – Thursday (4:30 pm – 3:00 am)
- Shift 3 – Friday – Sunday (6:00 am – 6:00 pm)
- Shift 4 – Friday – Sunday (6:00 pm – 6:00 am)
adidas is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities, and will accommodate applicants’ needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If selected to participate in an interview, accommodations will be made available on request. Please inform the Recruiter of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.