To lead, drive and strengthen the impact of the adidas environmental sustainability program by
- Inputting into the adidas strategy, during the strategy cycle;
- providing cross functional direction and guidance on the company’s environmental sustainability ambitions and priorities;
- ensuring effective delivery against environmental targets and milestones;
- keeping consistency in the end-to-end execution of agreed initiatives.
- Representing the company externally on adidas corporate sustainability efforts.
- Provide environmental and sustainability strategic input into the adidas strategy
- Develop cross functional direction and guidance on the company’s environmental sustainability ambitions and priorities
- Develop measurable environmental targets KPIs, drive and execute related initiatives, track and report on progress
- Review and drive process and technology innovations to meet reduction targets in close collaboration with Futures, Advanced Concepts and Manufacturing Excellence Teams
- Develop and mature the company’s in-house environmental management systems
- Ensure end-to-end alignment and consistency in program management and communication to all internal stakeholders
- Represent adidas externally as a spokesperson on our corporate sustainability efforts.
- Drive the development of a sustainability data infrastructure and contribute to the establishment and maintenance of a company-wide environmental sustainability reporting structure
- Manage and build an international high-performance team by providing performance objectives and feedback, addressing development needs, implementing training plans and structuring the team for optimal impact
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop cross functional environmental direction on water, chemicals, climate and circularity based on defined strategic priorities that effectively address environmental needs and complement brand specific consumer-facing programs
- Build and maintain effective program portfolio tracking through KPIs to ensure delivery and execution of cross-cutting initiatives
- Facilitate and manage Sustainability Steering Board tasked to build internal transparency on all sustainability-related subjects (social & environmental compliance, social purpose, consumer-facing programs) and align on internal and external messaging.
- Search for and identify environmental technologies and process innovations through close interaction with innovation drivers and think tanks
- Develop and mature Environmental Analytics and data systems ensuring impact measurement and functional Footprint tracking as basis for decision making and external reporting
- Develop and maintain environmental management systems for own operations and sites including retail
- Develop effective support for Global Sales and Markets in managing customer-facing requests and programs
- Manage memberships to environmental alliances and industry partnerships
- University degree; preferably with a solid technical background (textiles and/or footwear material engineering)
- Solid experience in environmental management systems (ISO, EMAS)
- Experience in material science (textile, footwear) and related environmental technologies
- In-depth knowledge in footwear, apparel business model and operating procedures benefitial
- Fluent english skills, German benefitial but not required
- Minimum 8 years work experience in a consumer-centric FMCG company
- Excellent analytical and conceptual thinking and expertise in strategy management and organization.
- Experienced in leading programs/projects and proven track record in contributing to larger initiatives.
- Strong verbal and written presentation and communications skills
- Dense network to environmental service organizations, think tanks and innovation hubs
- Excellent skills in leading high-performance teams
- Solid knowledge and experience in external stakeholder engagement and management.
- Proactive and excellent communication (writing and talking) skills in German and English
- International mind-set.