The Vice President – Retail Operations for Europe will be a brand visionary, innovator and strong business operator when it comes to all things retail. Combining strategic, transformational thinking with a passion for customer service, you’ll understand and excel in driving the key leavers for retail success across over 500 stores, 26 countries and some 4,000 store colleagues.
You’ll be a risk-taker, someone who has tried, failed and tried again. Someone who is able to coerce, persuade, champion and fight for what you believe is right for the consumer, the brand and P/L… in that order.
Working across all store formats and with both the European and Global retail leadership teams, you’ll lead by example when it comes to innovation, best practice and help us on our mission ‘to be the best sports company in the world’.
- Be the primary leader interfacing with our Global & Regional brand organisations, centres of excellence, sales strategy & execution organisations, creating a highly effective and efficient omnichannel strategy with our eCommerce teams,
- Develop and implement in-store programs designed around industry best practices to increase efficiency in operational and brand excellence,
- Drive DTC strategies within the stores and ensure execution of all initiatives enhancing consumer experiences and delivering operational objectives.
- Drive store performance by leading and coaching field teams on ways to increase sales and profits and ensuring store teams are executing processes and tools correctly to maintain on-shelf product availability to consumers,
- Maintain a strategic approach to execution and consistently communicate vertically and cross-functionally to ensure that internal priorities are aligned and resources are allocated appropriately to achieve desired results,
- Lead the strategic interface for all in-store initiatives (including, but not limited to merchandising, marketing/VM, planning and budgeting, workload management, logistics, back office, IT, Human Resources, etc.),
- Work to achieve set goals of profits, sales, market share and consumer and employee engagement,
- Plan and lead the team to ensure all positions in the business are staffed with exceptional leaders; building successful succession planning & talent organisation,
- Set clear and measurable objectives for direct reports; assess & help develop their functional and soft skills; identify and help develop talent for career and leadership.
- Ability to strategically prepare for and execute aggressive store growth plans,
- Ability to think strategically, understand complex business challenges and formulate effective solutions designed to improve results,
- Must have strong communication skills & ability to interface at all levels of the organisation,
- Must possess strong leadership, management and coaching skills, and the ability to capitalise on and apply these skills, resulting in the growth and development of employees at all levels of the organisation,
- Ability to lead and inspire teams through difficult, emotional and stressful business and organisational climates,
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to achieve desired results in a fast-paced, highly competitive, multi-tasking environment,
- Ability to manage projects effectively, including ability to identify, define, measure, analyse, innovate, improve and control problems that are without clear precedent,
- Ability to deliver exceptional results and complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrates excellent collaboration skills including the ability to set clear goals, involve others in decision making and building productive relationships,
- Demonstrates a very high level of confidence by setting high expectations for personal and team performance, the self-awareness and desire to learn and grow as a leader and the ability inspire and empower others to deliver and contribute,
- Constantly seeks new and innovative solutions, creates an environment that fosters creativity and risk-taking and has the ability to turn ideas into actions.
- Minimum of 12 years in retail industry ideally at the Head of Department or equivalent level,
- Previous leadership experience in a European retail operation is highly preferable,
- Minimum 8-10 years’ cross-functional management experience,
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience managing a team.