Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Develop and manage the Retail Operations function as a key source of competitive advantage by building a first-rate Retail Operations team, enhancing Retail expertise, implementing best practice Retail operations at adidas Retail and ensuring a superior, consistent consumer experience.
- Support SVP Retail to formulate short, mid, and long-term Own Retail business strategies for adidas Own Retail in China;
- Implement Own Retail business strategy in stores;
- Set and forecast Own Retail targets and lead Retail Operations to deliver the targets;
- Oversee all Retail end-to-end processes executed in the store to ensure the flawless execution and lead process improvement initiatives;
- Lead Retail Operations team specializing in Concept Store, Factory Outlets, SWC/Flagship, over a portfolio of over 400 stores.
- Develop retail workforce planning and continuously drive capability development to support business growth;
- Foster a Connect-Engage-Inspire service culture in all Own Retail stores
- Adapt and Drive New Retail technology applications and development of efficient and effective processes and tools across Retail Operations teams;
- Recommend and manage overall Retail Operations related budget,
- Set performance targets and development plans with direct reports;
- Assist on other tasks or projects assigned by SVP Retail.
- Oversee the Retail store Support and Activation team.
- APAC & GCA local management team
- APAC and China PMO and BD teams
- Global Retail Management and all other market Retail heads
- Key landlord and developers
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven leadership and managerial skills
- High degree of commercial and business acumen knowledge
- Negotiation, composure and representation abilities
- Strong strategic as well as operational skills
- High personal impact and high communication skills
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum 15 years’ experience with a leading Retail
- Substantial experience with retail planning and management required
- Strong experience of people and retail operation management
- Bachelor degree required and advanced degree in business or related fields preferred
- Fluent English required; Mandarin skills a plus
- Having managed a large portfolio of stores – nationwide.
- Overall business performance
- Retail productivity and other relevant retail KPIs
- Customer satisfaction of retail support provided
- Consumer satisfaction of retail experience